Look Who's Arrived!

Started by the Bach-man, June 21, 2013, 12:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therailwayinspector

Words cannot describe....
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

DinoNTrains

Amazing! Well done, Bachmann! Duck looks amazing :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Calebtrain

Still waiting for him to come back into stock/show up on Amazon/eBay/anywhere....*sigh*  :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

ThomasFan247

He's a stunning model, both to look at and performance wise. But I must say this...I was running him in this morning after he arrived in the mail, and after about 15 minutes running in reverse, he started to jolt and he died out. I managed to get him to move a few inches after waiting several minutes, but he wouldn't go more than a few seconds before he died out. I took off his shell and gave him some juice. He inched forward, but I noticed that there was an orange glow coming from the motor. I used a tiny flat head screw driver to pry two little copper contacts away from the main rotating section, and voila! The glow was gone, and he started running again. My guess is that the contacts were shorting out the motor :P I'm hoping the problem isn't persistent in all the models out there, but if you find you have this problem with your Duck model, I hope this helps :)

BassTbone

I just purchased mine from Advantage Hobby.  They have him there.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on July 02, 2013, 09:21:23 PM
He's a stunning model, both to look at and performance wise. But I must say this...I was running him in this morning after he arrived in the mail, and after about 15 minutes running in reverse, he started to jolt and he died out. I managed to get him to move a few inches after waiting several minutes, but he wouldn't go more than a few seconds before he died out. I took off his shell and gave him some juice. He inched forward, but I noticed that there was an orange glow coming from the motor. I used a tiny flat head screw driver to pry two little copper contacts away from the main rotating section, and voila! The glow was gone, and he started running again. My guess is that the contacts were shorting out the motor :P I'm hoping the problem isn't persistent in all the models out there, but if you find you have this problem with your Duck model, I hope this helps :)
Just in case this does happen to other models, what do you use for juice? Oil or some sort of lubricant?

TobyTheTram16

He looks incredible! I have to get one  :D

ThomasFan247

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on July 03, 2013, 12:05:12 PMJust in case this does happen to other models, what do you use for juice? Oil or some sort of lubricant?
You don't need to lubricate him if he's brand new. You'll probably do more damage over lubricating him :P

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on July 03, 2013, 03:45:56 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on July 03, 2013, 12:05:12 PMJust in case this does happen to other models, what do you use for juice? Oil or some sort of lubricant?
You don't need to lubricate him if he's brand new. You'll probably do more damage over lubricating him :P
Okay thanks for the heads up  :)

ThomasFan247

SodorAdventures

Crazy good! Gotta go, free wifi is gone in Uk!!   Awesome!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Zorran202

Just got mine today!!!!!! And wow, he's amazing!!! Thank goodness I got him for $50-ish! :D

Chaz

I got my Bachmann Duck just the other day!  I will admit that I'm very surprised that he was released around July as opposed to September/October like most models in the range.  Either way, I love the model!  I'm glad that the model captures him in classic form, as opposed to the CGI form.  I would not have been as happy if the model came with his CGI face, black footplate, or  having that lamp on his sandbox, (seriously, am I the only one who thinks that looks ridiculous on him?).  When it comes to runners, I think Duck is one of the smoothest runners in the range.  He actually uses a different chassis than Donald and Douglas, as the wheels on Duck are smaller and further spread apart than the the Scottish twins.  Not something I expected, but still holds the reputation of being one of the best models in the range!  Some people also don't like how the buffer holders aren't painted red to match the model, but for me the fault is so minor you can barely tell, much like the grey lampirons on Gordon and Henry. 
Either way, it's a model fans have wanted for years, and it's a model worth adding to your collection!  Bachmann have done it again by listening carefully to what the fans wanted to see, making a quality product in return for us.  I'm sure we will continue to see this kind of quality in 'Arry and Bert and many other additions to follow. :)

And of course only in a matter of time, I'm sure Bachmann will get more requests from fans to do more classics following Duck like Oliver, Stepney, and BoCo. :P

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.