News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Look Who's Arrived!

Started by the Bach-man, June 21, 2013, 12:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

Finally been waiting for an original engine to come in.

therailwayinspector

Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on July 14, 2013, 02:35:03 AM
I will admit that I'm very surprised that he was released around July as opposed to September/October like most models in the range. 

Bear in mind he was announced last year, so is actually late for last year's slot..... I think Bill and Ben had the same issue?
Arry and Bert will most likely take this year's autumnal slot.

And of course only in a matter of time, I'm sure Bachmann will get more requests from fans to do more classics following Duck like Oliver, Stepney, and BoCo. :P

I think they've been having plenty of those already! :P But In all fairness here's hoping some from that list will follow in future years...
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

ShadowMonk

Chaz

Quote from: therailwayinspector on July 16, 2013, 03:47:30 AM

And of course only in a matter of time, I'm sure Bachmann will get more requests from fans to do more classics following Duck like Oliver, Stepney, and BoCo. :P

I think they've been having plenty of those already! :P But In all fairness here's hoping some from that list will follow in future years...

Should have added 'more than ever' :P But yeah, all of the above would make nice additions, with Oliver being most inevitable.

Quote from: therailwayinspector on July 16, 2013, 03:47:30 AM
Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on July 14, 2013, 02:35:03 AM
I will admit that I'm very surprised that he was released around July as opposed to September/October like most models in the range.

Bear in mind he was announced last year, so is actually late for last year's slot..... I think Bill and Ben had the same issue?
Arry and Bert will most likely take this year's autumnal slot.

Duck was delayed, but for a delayed model, he arrived earlier than other previously delayed models like D&D, Salty, and Edward since those models made it around the fall, whereas Diesel, Bill, and Ben managed to come out the year they were announced.  I'm sure 'Arry and Bert will make it by the fall this year too, especially if Diesel managed to come out so quickly too. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

GWR83

I've completed two remakes with him already! 

http://www.youtube.com/user/GWR83

Churchill8F

I'm holding off from making any video with my Duck until I have mine looking a little more show accurate. Not that the model is flawed, but there are a few things I want to sort. No fun in just taking a model out of the box and keeping it as it is  ;D

Quite happy with the model overall (I will say why later) but there are a few niggles here and there. I'll be keeping the Hook and Loop couplings given the majority of my stock use them, might convert him to have Kadees or EZ-Mates at some point. Front end is getting a working 4mm scale screw link coupling for aesthetic reasons, started doing this to most of my locomotives and I find it improves them somewhat.

Another issue I sorted was the bufferbeam. Why the buffers couldn't have come from the factory with red paint is beyond me, but it just looks strange. Easily enough, I masked the bufferbeams and gave them a coat of primer, then a coat of red paint. Not too happy with the end result so I'm going to fit him with sprung buffers, just out of personal preference.

This is Duck as of this morning. Decided to redo the eyebrows for a more classic look. Look at the cab, notice anything different?

After some work, I managed to give him a fully open cab. Will eventually build a dummy backhead around the PCB and wires, so it isn't too jarring. Biggest benefit of Duck's design however is in his bunker.

Duck's coal is removable. Great stuff, going to build up a mock bunker and fill it with real coal as it looks better. Can we have this as a standard feature of future steam engines? Really a great thing to include!

He's a good model, I'll be back soon with more progress.  :)

Jack
My Blog: 8F Works

thomasj219

Fantastic find! I'll probably do that myself when I get him.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

I'll add to the Duck hype, it's a pretty good looking model!

I've been moving my trains back to my place, so I don't have any track to run him on yet. Need to look into new, more reliable track brands (any recommendations? Considering PECO, Atlas Code 100, or Fleischmann).

Calebtrain

I use Atlas! Anybody notice that Duck tips forward a bit? It bothers me now that I've noticed it...
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Cheeky_ULP

I noticed it on my model too.

GWR83

I talked with a guy who opened Duck up and he said,

"In the front half of Duck, the motor goes all the way up in there, sort of causing the front end to lean downward.

Bachmann needs to add some small block up in the body shell near the front. That's what I did to mine and now he's level."

Rollin Mayham

I have to say Churchill8f sure had the right idea about making an open cab now he can add a driver if he wanted to I may do the same to Thomas after I earn enough to get him.

Shawn

Canada Post says my Duck is going to be delivered on Monday!

Fergusfan17

TrainFan2020

Posted by: Sparks  Posted on: July 23, 2013, 02:16:06 PM 
Insert Quote 
I'll add to the Duck hype, it's a pretty good looking model!

I've been moving my trains back to my place, so I don't have any track to run him on yet. Need to look into new, more reliable track brands (any recommendations? Considering PECO, Atlas Code 100, or Fleischmann).

I consider altas bc, i use it and its great  ;) But, it is hard to get a good price for alot of track  :-\  ALSO! I FINALLY GOT DUCK!!!!

- Modeltrainfan1