DCC Dynamis Controller roster

Started by Bob_B, June 15, 2013, 08:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob_B

I run four locos using the Dynamis controller.
Their addresses are 1, 2, 3 & 4.
When cycling through the roster the order is 1, 2, 4, 3.
I'd like to have them in numerical order but when I delete loco 4 and add it again the order doesn't change.
Any help appreciated.

utdave

delete everything on roster  and start from 1 to what ever number .        i found that adding a few extras in case you get another locomotive and you will have them in the right order.        i only keep  1 through 20       first ten are my steam last ten are my diesels.  if you get to many hard to thumb through the roster fast enough,  like 40 of them  so i have alot that have the same address  just park them on my dead track .   also in my consist  i like to keep them togather so i will use the same address.   like all my UP are 11 or 1 depends if steam or not          Dave

jward

most of us using a full featured dcc system like dynamis use the locomotive's number as its address. that makes it easy for anybody running trains on your layout to run the trains.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Bob_B

Quote from: utdave on June 19, 2013, 11:59:31 PM
delete everything on roster  and start from 1 to what ever number .  ......
        Dave
Thanks, I suspected I may have to do that.

Bob_B

Quote from: jward on June 20, 2013, 08:29:04 AM
most of us using a full featured dcc system like dynamis use the locomotive's number as its address. that makes it easy for anybody running trains on your layout to run the trains.

Clever idea, thanks.