New o scale 3 rail digital sound system

Started by GP38diesel, June 25, 2013, 03:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP38diesel

I understand that bachmann Williams will introduce a new digital railsound system for o scale 3 rail. I intend to install this system in a recent acquired dummy diesel. Besides horn and bell, it will include engine revs/running.

Does anyone know when this sound system will be introduced?

wmwalker

GP38
The sound system is now installed in the new GP30 engines and it is really a nice setup. I have the GP30 ACL and it is great. I do not think you can buy the system separate yet.
Thanks
Wyatt

phillyreading

Quote from: GP38diesel on June 25, 2013, 03:00:42 PM
I understand that bachmann Williams will introduce a new digital railsound system for o scale 3 rail. I intend to install this system in a recent acquired dummy diesel. Besides horn and bell, it will include engine revs/running.

Does anyone know when this sound system will be introduced?

I would not look for this system to hit the market until after Feb. 2014, if that soon.

Far as diesel engine sounds, not sure if it will have it. Check with Bachmann for that.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

While down in Florida went to visit the Train Store at his new location. THis fella has his "ear to the rail" with rumor and hearsay and did mention Bachmann "may" be working on a system we can "plug in". After a lenghty conversation with some of the electronic "geeks"(and I mean that respectfully as these guys are engineers)I wasn't aware how complicated expensive and difficult this stuff is.

BUT

It is being worked on and they said it will sound like the real deal!!!!!!!!!!

M1FredQ

Forgot to mention some after market companies are working on systems for diesel and Steam with sound systems that attempt to mimic specific locomotives. I have no idea what price levels as no one knows but that would be pretty amazing if that happens.

My guess is that this hobby will be able to pull in more young people with some of this electronic razz ma tazz. Not to mention baby boomers who are now grandparents and are rediscovering the fun and relaxation of this hobby.

phillyreading

Hey M1FredQ,

I think that Bachmann covered that subject about plug & play options back in either April or May with their after York meet announcements.
Look under general discussion cat on here and look for new items by Bachmann.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

Thanks Lee!!

My schedule has been overwhelming lately so my access time to fun things like this site have been very limited.
Have a great 4th of July keep our founding Fathers and our Constitution in mind.

Later everybody!!!

I also wanted to take the time to thank all those who have helped me with ideas and suggestions and problem solving. It has helped me to really enjoy the hobby with my son and his friends. I have met a lot a good folks along the way who are knowledgeable and would call my friends.

My trip to Florida is a case in point. I just happened to show up at the place I like to go to and a bunch of hobbyists were enjoying the hobby shops new coffee/espresso machine and we got into a 2 hour conversation about trains, the hobby and "stuff".
As a result I picked up a few items and was also happy to get my godson fired up about trains again and we bought some items for him too!!!

Take care everyone