News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Doodlebug

Started by Balrog21, July 03, 2013, 09:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balrog21

In a previous post were I posted a short vid of our train museum we have here in my home town, someone asked to get a better shot of what looked like a custom made work engine. Well, it's been a VERY busy spring and summer- 1. Umpiring girls fast pitch softball, 2. 5 month old in the house, 3. Full time job,4. Dealer Room Director at the World Horror Convention this past June in New Orleans, 5. Releasing 4 new books starting in June and also writing short stories for short story collections from invites....whew...I think that's it! Anywho.. I have found that engine for you. It's called the Doodlebug. It was in service at the Fernwood pulpwood plant in the 1930's. It ran service men from McComb to Fernwood and some other fairly odd jobs I'm sure. But here it is in all it's glory. The first pic is the ONLY pic of it in service and the second is it fully restored and its gorgeous picture taken on it's 75th birthday. Sorry it's taken me so long to get this up here on the boards for you!

Best,
Bal

jward

it is a railbus. the new haven tried several different types in new England in the 1930s. was your built by ac&f, who also made passenger cars?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Balrog21

I'm not totally sure, but I will try and find out for you!