News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

REPLACEMENT GEARS

Started by 2foot6, July 07, 2013, 05:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dutchbuilder

Now you can see that english is not my native language and that reading is also something you have to do very carefully!
They will forward the message to the appropriate department.
i was focussing on the warenty bla bla........
OOPS!

Ton

ChrisS

STILL haven't received anything.  I figure I'm not going to by now. Got my email from Bridget 4 weeks ago....

petervweimer

Hi Yardmaster,
still no reaction from any of the contacted departments regarding replacement trucks for the On30 Shay...
What now?
Peter

Bucksco

Call (215) 533-1600 and ask for Bridget Wallace (parts manager).

petervweimer

Had not considered calling until now because of the costs (Germany-USA)... Will perhaps try it now when there is no other chance to get the right parts.

2foot6

Still waiting anxiously for the replacement gears.

RGimble

I sent in my original request for gears on June 2nd and sent in a follow up message about a week ago and to my suprise there was a box from Bachmann in the Saturday mail today. I received gears for one On30 shay, two Climaxes, and one  set of wheels and gears for the Davenport diesel.
  I wasn't sure that I would receive anything as I never had sent in the warranty cards for any of my locos. I never sent in a picture of all my locos either that I have purchased over the years.
  My advice is just to be patient as they will arrive one day, if you received an acknowledgement from Bachamnn then you will surely get the replacement gears.

dutchbuilder

I have had a reply from the gears replacement dep.
No thanks to the service dep.
The simple thing is that in English it is O N thirty,  pronouncing the O as the letter O.
Here in the rest of europe we use the 0 as in zero.
So i used a zero in stead of the letter O.......

OOPS!

Ton

dutchbuilder

TATATATAA TATAAA!!! the package has arrived!
Thanks Mr.B.

Ton

Bucksco

Patience is a virtue.......

vttrainguy

Yes it is!!!
  THANK YOU to Bridget and Everyone at Bachmann Parts !
  Your communication, service, and follow through have been awesome considering the demand you must have faced!
  I truly appreciate Bachmann "stepping up" and providing excellent customer service.
  This is a truly rare thing these days!
Rick G. in NH

Biglars

Ditto,
Thanks to all at Bachmann; I now have all of my Bachmann locomotives running again. Oh how those geared Shays and Climaxes running down the track make me smile. ;D
Larry 

robinstrains

I sent in my request on the 4TH of June, then after 6 weeks I got a short message acknowledging my email. Today is the 31ST of August and have not received the gears for my Climax and Davenport. Since the 2ND of July we have moved to Switzerland from Canada and our very dear neighbour who is looking after all our mail has not received them.We paid the post office a 6 month fee to redirect all mail to our neighbours house as well as gave them our Swiss address.We have received redirected mail from the government of Canada as well as mail from our neighbour but sadly no gears. May be my request was too small. My models will make a nice static display.I don't have all my trains yet as they with all our other stuff is at customs in England, our contact said it would take another 4 weeks before the release of our contents.
Oh well, at least the ship made it to this part of the world and hopefully We will have our belongings soon.
Buy for now and happy re gearing.
Robin.

mabloodhound

Hang in there Robin.   Once you get settled in with all your belongings, a followup e-mail to Bridget should get your gears.
8)
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

petervweimer

Hi again, I have received one more pair of Shay trucks with the new gears and now all my Shays are running like Swiss watches and are a pleasure to look at running. Many thanks to Bridget and Laura and their teams, they certainly have done a great job during the last couple of months. And all you out there without gears at this moment: Be patient, I am sure help/replacement will be on ist way to you as well very soon!