News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New DCC 44 tonner drive with older shell

Started by brfriedm, July 10, 2013, 10:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brfriedm

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can install an older 44 tonner shell on top of the newer DCC equipped drive? Older shell has 2 screws through fuel tank that keep shell on. Is this the same on the newer model?  Thanks Bruce

brfriedm

No one out there has done this? Please chime in if you have please. Thanks.

Quote from: brfriedm on July 10, 2013, 10:08:28 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know if I can install an older 44 tonner shell on top of the newer DCC equipped drive? Older shell has 2 screws through fuel tank that keep shell on. Is this the same on the newer model?  Thanks Bruce

Jerrys HO

Bruce
You may try and PM richg as he has a lot of experience with that loco. I am surprised he has not chimed in. ???
I have swapped shells on a few other's with no problems, but not that one. According to the diagrams there is a two motor (old style) and a single motor drive (newer version).
Which do you have? Looking at the differences in the schematics it does not appear to be feasible, but I could be wrong.

Jerry

Thomas1911

The shells are identical best I can tell.  I did the same swap with my 44-tonners.

richg

I sent my old two motor in for a single motor is why I did not answer. It would have only been an opinion but knowing how many companies operate, Bachmann would do its best to keep the same configuration to keep cost down.
I looked at the photos of my two motor and single motor when I did the conversions and from what I see, the shells would fit either but again, still an opinion.

Rich