News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

PEOPLE

Started by 2foot6, July 13, 2013, 10:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2foot6

Can any one suggest a  manufacturer or retailer that makes/sells realistic model people of the forties and fifties.I'm looking for workers(crew/track/sawmill)in the older style clothing.I'm wanting workers that are beafy,not the ultra skinny type on evilbay.I have tried the Bachmann website but can't find what I want.May be it could be some thing Bachmann could look at .cheers Peter.

Royce Wilson

Some of the best O scale painted figures that I have run across are from Artista,they produce people that will fit in your period very nicely.

Artista ffigures are advaliable from them direct or Ebay and of course the many hobby suppliers,my favorite is Coronado Scale Models.

Royce

GG1onFordsDTandI

If you think you could change and model figures a bit you might try the gaming industry, i.e. figures sold for gaming in comic book and hobby shops. Ive seen some gems turned out with only minor changes, mostly paint.

Biglars

I thought you might be interested in this post:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28881

The thread shows a number of different options for figures as well as scale heights.

Larry

mabloodhound

Larry's post above is my go to reference when I buy O scale figures.   Probably has the best size comparisons for us On30 modelers.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

2foot6

Thank you every one for inputs,found the Artista people,they look good,and I like the comparison chart,very helpful. cheers Peter.