STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2019, 02:10:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Williams by Bachmann
| | |-+  TMCC in Williams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TMCC in Williams  (Read 2064 times)
train72

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »

Hello: I am changing my Williams Trainmaster engines to TMCC and want to know where do I connect the wire to the horn board to activate the horn from the TMCC
board ?
Thanks, Randy
GG1onFordsDTandI
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 06:19:53 PM »

I would think it depends on exactly which board, and if it was made for air whistle/ vibrating horn, or to trigger TMCC soundboards. Soundboards sometimes have a small speaker icon. A soundboard, or soundboard controller could be used to trigger mechanical sounds(horn/whistle/bell) with an opto isolator setup.   
train72

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 06:56:13 PM »

They are the boards I took out when changing over to TMCC, so they are Williams horn boards.
Literature from Electric Railroad shows how to hook up Lionel boards, but not Williams
GG1onFordsDTandI
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »

Ah step one of the puzzle, I believe that horn board is activated by a 1.5 dc offset along a conventional ac line, and it needs about 3-7volts a.c. minimum constantly to operate.
You now need to also know how the new tmcc board would handle its normal horn board, or mechanical air sound. I believe tmcc used different boards for both styles of audio warning.
Sorry I don't have definite answers (patience someone might), but Im researching a bit for you. Following up on the info in the personal message I sent may yield more answers too.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: