News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1/20.3 K-27

Started by Ken, August 29, 2007, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Just glad I don't model Colorado, or I might have to get one<G>.

It sure look's nice though.

Ken
    GWN

bobgrosh

OK! Where's the pictures,
Specifics, prices. what sound card, part number for undecorated with DCC and sound???

Matthew (OV)

HURRAH!!!  Nicely done, well played, break out the champagne and cigars!

Oh, and SIGN ME UP.  I want one. (Ok, I want four.... but I'll settle for one!)

Absolutely fantastic!

Matthew (OV)

Charlie Mutschler

Outstanding!!! I will be eagerly placing my order.  More railroad equals less lawn.  I love that concept.  At long last, something to pull my post 1920 Colorado NG freight cars.  A string of the new Bachmann tank cars behind her should look quite at home on the Farmington branch, or the oil trains on the RGS before the Ames slide cut the Farmington - Montrose oil traffic.  Or a few of the tanks with the usual box and gon mix on Cumbres, the Silverton branch, etc.  YES indeed!  Beautiful.  I hope you guys sell a train load. 

Charlie Mutschler

Jon D. Miller

Guess that which can not be talked about can now be talked about. ;)

Great news that Bachmann published in its e-mail newsletter.

Now with seven variations to pick from it will be tough to select the first one.  I see a number of the K's on the CD&StL roster.  Will have to decide tonight so my dealer can place a preorder in the morning.

If Bachmann makes the announced December delivery date this will be one extra special Christmas.

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Kevin Strong

Ho-hum....

Now if it were an EBT mikado...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, great to see it's finally materializing. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. It's a great time to be in 1:20.3!

Later,

K

zubi

WOW. Ubelievable. I suppose this will define the new large scale decade to come. I only hope that Bachmann will get the plastic right this time, it would be a big heap of dust if it crumbles after a year;-))) Best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi

Steve Stockham

Ummm.......(oh boy!) uh......guys? I hate to nit-pick right off the bat (especially since I have been waiting so long!) but that tapered stack is wrong! I checked through Dennis O'Berry's book, "The Mudhens" which has copious amounts of pictures of all of the K-27's and only found one picture with a tapered stack and that was of #463 when she was still a Vauclain compound engine in 1908! Every other picture shows a straight stack! How could Bachmann make such a glaring error??!! I sincerely hope that someone at Bachmann caught this early enough so that when the production models come out this will have been corrected! (If not, Accucraft makes a stack that would work in it's place.)

gbbari

Does it use basically the same drive as the 2-8-0 Constellation?

Colorado

My assumption would be that it will come with a variety of stacks.

Steve Stockham

I don't know....other than the RGS, the D&RGW is the only railroad to use a K-27 so variations would be from one era to another and between individual locomotives. I do note that Bachmann got it right on the road numbers for the engines with cylinders that are inside canted! This should help with clearance issues running in our gardens.

altterrain

Quote from: Steve Stockham on August 30, 2007, 08:42:21 AM
Ummm.......(oh boy!) uh......guys? I hate to nit-pick right off the bat (especially since I have been waiting so long!) but that tapered stack is wrong! I checked through Dennis O'Berry's book, "The Mudhens" which has copious amounts of pictures of all of the K-27's and only found one picture with a tapered stack and that was of #463 when she was still a Vauclain compound engine in 1908! Every other picture shows a straight stack! How could Bachmann make such a glaring error??!! I sincerely hope that someone at Bachmann caught this early enough so that when the production models come out this will have been corrected! (If not, Accucraft makes a stack that would work in it's place.)

Steve's countin' rivets already!   :P

:D

-Brian
President of

japasha

The D&RGW sold two mudhens to the Mexican National Railways in 1940 or so. They were eventually converted to standard gauge.

Similar power went all over the world, Columbia, Central America and so on. Don't forget the Sumpter Valley and Uintah which had similar  locomotives.

I already have brass K-27, K-28, K-36 and K-37 locomtives. This will be a welcome addition to the fleet. Now we can do some pipe gondolas and other trains.

Great stuff, Lee and staff!!

bob kaplan

Do i dare ask minimum radius?...  Looks great!!...