News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1/20.3 K-27

Started by Ken, August 29, 2007, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.cprmier

Mark;
I am buying two.  At $500, I am installing sound myself!  I do think speakers should fit into the tender...

Dave;
Thanks a lot for the feedback.  I don't know so much about in Ct; but the layout in Maine will be a lot of fun to build.  I just have to figure out ways to keep the bears away from the track.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

JLyans

QuoteRe: 1/20.3 K-27  Has anyone seen these advertised anywhere?  I'm looking to see how much I need to save to meet the street price...

Ridge Road Station is advertising the K-27.

83096 K-27 Steam Loco Rio Grande South #455
83096 K-27 Steam Loco Rio Grande South #455
Stock Status: Backordered
List Price: $1,400.00
Our Price: $1,120.00

Bud Steinhoff

That is usually the place I purchase from but that price is a bit high.
I will wait a while.
Bud

rdamurphy

Caboose Hobbies in Denver has Pre-Order up for $733.33.

Tank Cars are Pre-Order priced at $117.97.

I live 20 minutes away from Caboose Hobbies in Denver.

I just really, really, really liked saying that!

Robert

Steve Stockham

It sounds as if Caboose Hobbies has finally seen the light! Their prices used to be quite a bit higher than what we could find at some of the wholesalers but this price is just about perfect! This means that I can order my K-27 and still have enough to put a Sierra unit and RCS in it! ;D

Matthew (OV)

Ridge Road has apparently seen the light too.  They're down to $799.00

http://www.ridgeroadstation.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=11783095!117

Note that it won't work without the !117 at the end.

Matthew (OV)

Engineer1876

San Val in California is taking a $29.00 depost on these and selling them for $749.95 with free shipping in the US.

vic

Quote from: Engineer1876 on September 18, 2007, 01:30:40 AM
San Val in California is taking a $29.00 depost on these and selling them for $749.95 with free shipping in the US.

I live 20 minutes away from San Val ... :o

I just really really really like saying that... :D

bobgrosh

OK, My Kay is ordered and prepaid. $664.99
Guess I'll just have to figure out the wiring when it gets here.

tac

Quote from: bobgrosh on September 20, 2007, 11:40:18 PM
OK, My Kay is ordered and prepaid. $664.99 Guess I'll just have to figure out the wiring when it gets here.

Just been in contact with my near-local dealer here in UK- special price of £615.00 - that's $1200.00.  Even got 455 with a green boiler...makes it very tempting.

Interestingly, she also told me that there would only be 1500 of them worldwide - anybody like to comment on that? [Ahem, that's YOU, Mr Bach-man].

tac
www.ovgrs.org 

bobgrosh

Was there some other RR that used a loco close enough to the K27 that people besides a few Rio Grand fans will buy the Kay?

From the tone of most posts on this forum, I take that most would not buy any loco unless it came lettered for their favorite road.
Besides a few dozen Rio Addicts,  who will buy all those? Jeez 1,500, are you sure they didn't mean 150? ???

Colorado

Quote from: tac on September 21, 2007, 07:03:02 AM
Quote from: bobgrosh on September 20, 2007, 11:40:18 PM
OK, My Kay is ordered and prepaid. $664.99 Guess I'll just have to figure out the wiring when it gets here.

Well I live in CO, but will be back in the UK for a few weeks in November.

Sounds like I should bring a few withe, pay for the trip.

Actually cheaper to order fom San Val, no sales tax.

Just been in contact with my near-local dealer here in UK- special price of £615.00 - that's $1200.00.  Even got 455 with a green boiler...makes it very tempting.

Interestingly, she also told me that there would only be 1500 of them worldwide - anybody like to comment on that? [Ahem, that's YOU, Mr Bach-man].

tac
www.ovgrs.org 

Jon D. Miller

I guess only time will tell on how well the K-27 sells.

There no doubt are those hard-core folks that won't run anything that wasn't used on the railroad they model.

On the other hand, there will probably be a lot of us that could give a fig if the K-27 was railroad specific.  The Connie was not widely used by North American railroads, but there sure are a lot of them out there running in unmodified version.

I have the green boiler version, numbered, painted, unlettered on order.  I'll letter it for the CD&StL and run the "hell" out of it.

I could care less about Colorado narrow gauge.  But that sure is a nice locomotive and most folks that see it running here in the East won't have a clue as to the railroad that used these locomotives.

Then, when and if Bachmann produces a EBT 2-8-2 several will be added to the roster----and they won't be lettered for the EBT.
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Bud Steinhoff

Ordered mine and  will make it whatever road name I want.
Will also rewire it for my on-board, sound and smoke unit.
No problem .
Bring it on, I am just excited it will be available because this is what I have been waiting for,
Bud ;D

tac

QuoteWell I live in CO, but will be back in the UK for a few weeks in November.

Sounds like I should bring a few withe, pay for the trip.

Actually cheaper to order fom San Val, no sales tax.'

How would I benefit from buying one that YOU have brought over, if you are going to charge me the same price as I would have to pay here in yUK?  ???

tac
www.ovgrs.org