News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Splatter and Dodge

Started by Rollin Mayham, July 16, 2013, 02:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

I understand that you can make your own Splatter and Dodge but how do you guys think they got cut from the entire TV series?

therailwayinspector

From an interview somewhere that I read, their models never made it back from the US after the filming of TATMR (correct me if I'm wrong anyone!) I suppose that a proper use for them was never seen thus they didn't make new models.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

ThomasFan247

Yes, I believe you are correct. They were (apparently) 'Arry and Bert's season five models but repainted.

DinoNTrains

Well, technically the model scenes from TATMR were filmed in Canada, but it's okay. It's still a shame they never returned in my opinion
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

thomasfreak5

I think they wouldve made a great part to DOTD, I had a feeling that Den and Dart reminded me of them so much. I hope they dont replace them, which the chance of them and Lady coming back are low.
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

DinoNTrains

Quote from: thomasfreak5 on July 17, 2013, 09:53:01 PM
I had a feeling that Den and Dart reminded me of them so much.

It's funny. When I first saw pics of Paxton and Sidney, they reminded me of Splodge. Probably because they're Class 08's. But I guess that Dart and Den are kind of like Splatter and Dodge.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Rollin Mayham

Somewhat I still wish they didn't get cut from the series they were funny you know I thought about making them in HO scale as well as Lady (which can be done just time consuming) and Diesel 10 with a moving Pinchy. but later after I am able to buy Thomas. I am planing to just buy and build the main characters from TATMR. You know I actually thought about it and you know the big locomotive that played Lady before she was reintroduced to the railroad I wonder was that a real engine or just a really good imitation of one? If you guys can tell me that would be great.

Fergusfan17

They had no/barely any roles in TATMR.... So why would they come back anyway?

Rollin Mayham

Well to start off they allowed Diesel 10 to come back to the T.V. series like maybe I don't know Ten years later (just guessing) and the whole movie was about lady coming back to the railroad and Splodge was Diesel 10's Henchmen. Man after years I still remember that.