News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman DCC programming

Started by HONZ, July 16, 2013, 12:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HONZ

I am having trouble changing the engine number of my 2nd engine on the EZ Command DCC control station - can anyone point me to a good detailed reference source that explains how to reassign the number (current default on both engines is 3)? Or can you explain the steps?

I would very much appreciate any input

HONZ

richg

Look in the EZ Command manual. The instructions are right there, under, PROGRAMMING A LOCOMOTIVE TO A SPECIFIC ADDRESS.  I just looked at my copy.. I do not use the EZ Command but keep a copy on my PC. You can download it right from the Bachmann site.
Sounds like you should take time to look though all the Bachmann site.

Rich

HONZ

extremely vague and confusing to someone just beginning to use this equipment

that is why I asked what I asked

Jerrys HO

Honz
Since Richg was so great at taking the time to respond and it took him longer to write the reply than it would have to help you, I'll help.
I usually take all my engines off except for the one I am trying to program or isolate one section of track just for programming.
1) activate the engine by running it a short distance
2) press the #3 and stop at the same time the led should flash repeatedly
3) press the new address and then the stop button
4) done, new address should be programmed

If this engine was previously owned and a four digit address was added it will not respond. Let me know and I will tell you how to remove that with the EZ Command

Jerry

PS= Richg sorry to be so harsh but we were all there once before where the instructions were vague you have said this before about the B's instructions

HONZ

Thank you Jerry, I'll try and let you know

much appreciated

Doug