News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-0 drivers/flanges ?

Started by Chris333, August 26, 2007, 09:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris333

Hello,

I just bought a On30 2-6-0 and the driver flanges are out of center from the driver making the flange look egg shaped when going down the track. They look to be cast with the wheel.

This problem has been confirmed with someone else as well, we bought them from different places.

If I call Bachmann service and go through all the trouble of getting new wheels will they be the same?

Thanks
Chris

the Bach-man

Dear Chris,
Call service and discuss the issue with them.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

C.P.R.R. Manager

If it helps Chris, I've got 4 moguls here, and none of them have driver problems.  I've never heard of this problem before, either, so my guess is that this is a rare problem.  Which means the service dept. should be able to help you.

Chris333

Thanks I will call them.

I should say this isn't a mechanical problem, the locomotive runs pretty good. The wheels are round at the tread that touches the rail.

The flanges are the problem and only visually. If I remove the motor so it will freewheel and push it along off the rails it will bounce because of it rolling on the flanges. On the rails it rolls smooth.

I am modifying and adding a bunch of detail so would hate to have it looking odd running down the track after it's all done.