News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

omigosh! am i seeing things?

Started by Penn_senseless, July 21, 2013, 05:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn_senseless

Guys...my internet stinks...havent been able to check out the announcements.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is Bachman going to do an AFFORDABLE HO scale GG 1?

If so, what roads, and when can we expect em?

YES!!!!! :D

Cheers

Jerrys HO

Penn

Yes they are!
Road names are --PRR Brunswick Green single stripe
                                   Tuscan Red  5 stripe
                                   Black Jack (brunswick green with 5 stripes)
                                   Silver with Red stripe (Congressional)
                             Penn Central black with white lettering

Here's the link
http://www.bachmanntrains.net/Catalogs/2013/NMRA_2013.pdf

Jerry

Penn_senseless

Thanks Jerry. you made my day, and may have saved my planned layout.

YES. ;D A Penn Central...and a blackjack     YIppee!

Cant wait!

BACHMANN RULES.  I knew someone would come along where ihc/ahm left off!

jward

what? no gg1 in santa fe waRBONNET?....LOL
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Woody Elmore

It's great to see another GG-1 rendition. I think that an Amtrak version would be preferable to a (yucch!) PC version.

rogertra

Quote from: jward on July 21, 2013, 08:10:04 PM
what? no gg1 in santa fe waRBONNET?....LOL

And in CNR and CPR colours for the Canadian market?

Wadda ya mean they never ran in Canada?  That hasn't stopped (insert manufacturer) from painting non Canadian prototypes in CNR and CPR colours before.  :-)

jward

just, whatever you do don't paint one new York central. the pennsy fans will be coming with torches and pitchforks.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

CAB_IV

Is the body plastic?

I have been wanting to make the "modified" GG1 variants for some time.    There were two different styles of "High Intakes" ,  and some GG1s had steps cut into their sides.   A plastic body would facilitate this the most readily.

If these look good enough next to a BLI or MTH GG1, I'll be happy.   It does kill me that I just picked up a bunch of the BLI GG1s,   but on the other hand, I did get most of them for less than the  MSRP of these.    Fortunately for Bachmann, there is still space on my roster for them.

Ideally,  I'd like to do #4876,  and one of the bloody-nose GG1s.  Both have the high intake vents, and many of the silver Amtrak GG1s also had the side steps.   

john tricarico

i for one am very happy about bachmanns new GG1 announcement
ive been a fan of GG1s for many years, and remember seeing them in operation going thru the sunnyside yard in queens, they were magnificant machines, had many chances to get up close and photo them
however im still hoping for another new announcement for those steam fans who were patiently waiting for bachmann to bring out another steamer, be patient guys i was patient for this new GG1 and in the future bachmann will not dissapoint you
for now let the pennsy and penn central fans enjoy the moment
and again thank you bachmann for chosing the GG1 for production

Bucksco

The body is indeed plastic. We have done extensive research on the locomotive (the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is not very far from our offices!). This combined with our new Sound Value control package should make this one heck of a locomotive. One of my personal favorites!

Woody Elmore

I think that many GG-1 afficiionados would like to know that GG-1s were often seen to exude smoke like a steam engine. It had something to do with the boilers that were used to heat the passenger cars. I assume there was a safety valve that would release steam. Somewhere I have slides of this phenomenon taken by my godfather who spent a lot of free time photographing trains in the Woodside, Queens yards.

I can't wait to see a Bachmann GG-1 up close and personal!

john tricarico

yes woody you are correct
the GG1 had a steam boiler and was often seen in the winter emitting white steam from the top of the engine,
the old days of wakling in the sunnyside yard are long long gone, do you remember the 43rd street loop where the GG1s rolled by at 5mph, into the mid 70s there were still pennsy and n.y.c passenger cars around being GG1 pulled
up until 1982 the last days of the GG1s in queens ,4877 and 4876 were still in service as well as an assortment for amtrak

stationmaster12

I saw on the same page models for Gevos and SD70 ace's What level of detail will these have?
Keep God first in all that you do.

Jerrys HO

Quote from: stationmaster12 on July 25, 2013, 05:19:44 PM
I saw on the same page models for Gevos and SD70 ace's What level of detail will these have?

Guess we will have to wait till Octoberish since there ship date is not til September, uuunless someone was at the train show and Bachmann had one on display and they could post pics.
I would be interested in one but don't care for the paint scheme's they choose.

Jerry

on30gn15

Am really curious to see the thing's innards and how the drive train is arranged.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest