News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Diesel

Started by todd55whit, October 13, 2013, 08:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

todd55whit

Mr Bachmann  Any diesels being released soon? GE 70 tonner or something similar? Since the street car release , hopefully 1:29 release of the GE 70 tonner would be great. Heck the work is half done. Bachmann already has a70 tonner in HO.

Chris PRR

i'd like to see some Baldwin Sharks, Bachmann makes them in HO. An ABBA set in Pennsy would be great.
Also the early slant nose E units.  FM Trainmasters, many railroads had these.

Chastity

The Sharks are nice but really niche.  USA Trains did not do well on the PA/PBs and those were much better known units.

The whole community in 1:29 lost E8s, Dash-9s, Gp-40s, SD-45s, RS-3s, U25bs, Pacifics, Mikados and a 2-8-8-2 Mallet with the demise of Aristocraft.

scottychaos

Quote from: Chastity on October 14, 2013, 09:18:50 PM
The Sharks are nice but really niche.  USA Trains did not do well on the PA/PBs and those were much better known units.

The whole community in 1:29 lost E8s, Dash-9s, Gp-40s, SD-45s, RS-3s, U25bs, Pacifics, Mikados and a 2-8-8-2 Mallet with the demise of Aristocraft.

Who says USA didnt "do well" on the PA's?
many of the PA road names have been completely sold out for years..

and we haven't lost those Aristo models forever..
Scott Polk has already announced on the Aristo forum that the molds are still going to be used..
we dont know by who yet..but they will all be back..

Scot

todd55whit

Thanks Scott for clearing that up. Now lets hear it for the 70 tonner!!! Bachmann did a great job on the HO and the Spectrum N scale model. How about large scales turn. If they can make it HO and then N, they can make it in large scale. I think 1:29 maybe a better market. However I'd buy it in 1:20.3! I am not picky.

Bucksco

No plans for a diesel at this time.

todd55whit