News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mr. Bach-Mann

Started by Balrog21, July 23, 2013, 01:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balrog21

Hi there,
Just wondering are there any plans to do the new sd70 and 4400 in an unpainted version? I don't need any of the heritage units but I sure could use a few of those unpainted ones!
Best,
Bal

Doneldon

Bal-

I think that, although some of us may be disappointed by last week's new product announcements, it's unlikely that there will be any more for the foreseeable future. The National Train Show is a big deal in the industry so whatever is in the pipeline that can be made available will be disclosed. It would be a poor business practice to have a big announcement in an important forum one week and then make another announcement to a satiated press a week later. I wouldn't look for anything again at least until the holiday buying season, and probably more like after the first of next year. So keep your powder dry and your fingers crossed.

That's not to say, of course, that hints and requests shouldn't be made. It's unlikely that a new product could be rolled out in response to a bunch of requests in less than a year but it won't happen ever unless the process gets started. I would actually think now would be a good time to make suggestions. Rolling out of one group of products means that the focus shifts to the next group in the pipeline and then the not-yet-on-the-drawing-board projects which are part of advanced planning.

-- D

jward

those are not ac4400s, they are es44s. do not confuse the two, they are completely different beasts with major carbody differences. for one, the radiator wings are much longer on as es 44 than on the ac4400 and it's brother the c44-9. internally, they use two different designs of engine, with major differences in the way they sound.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Bucksco

I realize nobody wants to hear this but unpainted units really don't sell very well - honest!

Balrog21

roger that Jward! I sure wish someone would do a modern illustrated diesel poster that has all these !@#$%$# loco's on them so some of us could know the difference right off hand instead of looking stupid on a forum, like I did with my post.... :-[

well, yardmaster doesn't hurt to ask I guess eh?

Best,
Bal