News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

National Train Show

Started by Steve Magee, July 18, 2013, 05:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Magee

OK, only a few days until THAT show. Should we anticipate???  :)

Doneldon

Steve-

Yes, I think so. The Bmann said a week or two ago that there would be some
new product announcements at the show (as is usually the case). Does anyone
want to make book on what they'll be?
                                                            -- D

Balrog21

New up to date tank cars? (wishing)

jonathan

Since we're just wishing at this point...

I would love to see Bachmann re-work the shell on the ever-popular Consolidation.  The mechanics and the tender are great.  Prepackaged sound seems to be rolling in all the time as I notice from the online stores.  Just wonder if it's possible to make a loco shell that was a more common design.

Bachmann has had good luck with their USRA type models.  They haven't done the USRA 2-8-8-2, yet.  I know it's been done by others in the past.  But since the EM-1 and 2-6-6-2 seems to be great sellers, how about another articulated locomotive?

Realistically, I can see the sound value package being added to some existing models.  Pretty sure those would be popular with many modelers.

Another wish, since the release of the "Thomas" turntable, how about something similar that looks a little more prototypical?

With all the models that have been produced over the years,  it's gotta be a tough decision on new products.  Glad I don't have that job.  Hat's off to the person who has that responsibility.

Regards,

Jonathan

jward

I would love to see updated f9 and u36b diesels, plus an emd cow and calf switcher.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Johnson Bar Jeff

Frequently there seems to be a desire for a Spectrum-quality "Jupiter" and "U.P. #119."

ryeguyisme

I know there will be an N scale EZ-Track Turntable

In HO I'm hoping for a harriman mikado or a western freight engine, I would not mind another Articulated at all in a western scheme Like the Northern Pacific/D&RGW 2-8-8-2's like the L-95's and L-96's

Regardless I'm hoping for steam in general

in ON30 We might see a K-27, but that could just be wishful thinking

Philc40

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on July 18, 2013, 11:06:58 AM
Frequently there seems to be a desire for a Spectrum-quality "Jupiter" and "U.P. #119."

I'm in for both.   ;D
"If I can't fix it, It isn't broke"

jonathan

http://www.bachmanntrains.net/Catalogs/2013/NMRA_2013.pdf

Here's the new products announcement we've been waiting for.

Look like the "N" folks get their EM-1.

Those GG1's sure look nice.

Regards,

Jonathan

Doneldon

This looks like a great line up of new products.

ryeguyisme

Meh, I was really hoping the turntable in N scale would have had a SIGNIFICANTLY larger bridge but I guess I got my hopes up  :(

jward

I did get the cow part of my cow and calf. too bad it's in n scale......
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA