STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 22, 2019, 01:04:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Class 08 Shunter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Class 08 Shunter  (Read 1835 times)
RonWalker

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the superstructure from an OO guage Class 08 Shunter.
I need access to the motor.
RAM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »

I guess the first question is "who made it"
81F

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »

Hello Ron

Assuming it is the Bachmann Branchlines one (and not Hornby's) the body fixing screw is hidden by the NEM socket at the rear (cab) end of the loco. The socket can easily be prized out using a small flat bladed screw driver.

Then simply unscrew  the small crosshead screw and the body can be lifted off by tilting it forward (there is a fixing lug under the radiator end). I say that the body is actually just the cab and bonnet, the footplate is part of the chassis.

I found this quite tricky as there are various pipes that need to be unclipped fore the body id completely removed.

Hope this helps

Steve

Modelling the Great Western Railway in the Welsh Borders, and the Glyn Valley Tramway with a few bits from elsewhere!
RonWalker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:39:12 AM »

Thank you very much. Yes, it is a Bachmann. I did not remember that the forum also deals with other makes.
Yours, Ron.
81F

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 08:31:23 PM »

Hi Ron,

Not only are other makes allowed to be mentioned to some extent but I believe that most on here are probably in the States since Bachmann Branchlines are hardly ever mentioned and there is no forum for OO.

Best wishes

Steve

Modelling the Great Western Railway in the Welsh Borders, and the Glyn Valley Tramway with a few bits from elsewhere!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: