News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 1:20.3 Rolling Stock?

Started by Jerry McColgan, July 31, 2013, 11:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McColgan

I am not a purist and as long as something looks good to me I am generally happy. I have a fair amount of Bachmann "stuff" and aside from the Connie I'm not sure & don't much care what scale it is.

The Connie changed all this in that it is simply (in my opinion) too large to run with most of my regular rolling stock.

As I looked through the Bachmann web site I did not find anything that appears to be 1:20.3 other than locos.

Since my Connie is marked "Yellow Pine Lumber" my thought was to perhaps add a few 1:20.3 log cars. I don't anticipate buying much else in 1:20.3 as even the Connie has problems with my R3 curves & turnouts.

The Bachmann log cars I have seen in the past strike me as too small for the Connie.

I have not been paying much attention to the hobby lately so I am probably unaware of Bachmann's recent marketing efforts.

Am I missing something?

Jerry

Bucksco

Bachmann has produced a number of car types in the Spectrum 1:20.3 line. These include box cars, tank cars, flat cars, hoppers, gondolas and a long caboose. To date we have not produced a log car in this series (just in the standard large scale line).

Jerry McColgan

Thanks for the quick response. I've had Spectrum 2-6-0's & 4-4-0's that were very nice but I don't think they were 1:20.3.

There are no local large scale dealers here (central Arkansas). Is there an easy way to identify Bachmann 1:20.3 products (i.e. number series)? Are all 1:20.3 Spectrum products?

Bucksco

Yes all 1:20.3 products are Spectrum items.