News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Good Search

Started by SteamGene, August 16, 2007, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

There is a "search engine" called Good Search, which is powered by Yahoo.  If you tell it what charity, non-profit, or school you want it to benefit, it will send that organization a check in December based on the number of searches credited to your organization.  There are a few railroad organizations, one of which is the B&O Museum.  I just changed my organizaiton to the B&O, which has not been very active. 
Check it out->> www.goodsearch.com<<, find your favorite charity, or "shovel in a little more coal" for the B&O museum - which could really stand the help with all the expenses from the snow storm damage of a few years ago.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

SteamGene

I erred with Yahoo, I think.  It's probably Google.  In any event, the B&O Railroad Museum already has its second best month for donations from Goodsearch.  Check it out.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Jay

At Goodsearch it is states that it is powered by Yahoo, so I think you were right in the first place.
Jay Johnson
The Roundhouse
www.trainweb.org/theroundhouse

SteamGene

Well, it works, and the B&O is being helped - if enough other folks join in.  There's a church in California which has raised $0.01.  OTOH, PETA has raised over $1000 this year so far.  It's a matter of who will help.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

SteamGene

Here are the current results of Good Search for the B&O Railroad Museum.  Obviously some folks are searching for it:

March   5   $0.05   $0.00   $0.05
April   126   $1.26   $0.00   $1.26
August   195   $1.95   $0.00   $1.95
September   17   $0.17   $0.00   $0.17
Total: Year-to-Date   343   $3.43   $0.00   $3.43
Total: Since Inception   343   $3.43   $0.00   $3.43

Keep the steam up!
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

SteamGene

People are still searching for the B&O Museum.  I'm sure it needs help after the major restoration it had to do to repair the snow damage of a few years ago.   Check it out and tell a friend. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat