News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Class 08 Shunter

Started by RonWalker, August 03, 2013, 12:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonWalker

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the superstructure from an OO guage Class 08 Shunter.
I need access to the motor.

RAM

I guess the first question is "who made it"

81F

Hello Ron

Assuming it is the Bachmann Branchlines one (and not Hornby's) the body fixing screw is hidden by the NEM socket at the rear (cab) end of the loco. The socket can easily be prized out using a small flat bladed screw driver.

Then simply unscrew  the small crosshead screw and the body can be lifted off by tilting it forward (there is a fixing lug under the radiator end). I say that the body is actually just the cab and bonnet, the footplate is part of the chassis.

I found this quite tricky as there are various pipes that need to be unclipped fore the body id completely removed.

Hope this helps

Steve
Modelling the Great Western Railway in the Welsh Borders, and the Glyn Valley Tramway with a few bits from elsewhere!

RonWalker

Thank you very much. Yes, it is a Bachmann. I did not remember that the forum also deals with other makes.
Yours, Ron.

81F

Hi Ron,

Not only are other makes allowed to be mentioned to some extent but I believe that most on here are probably in the States since Bachmann Branchlines are hardly ever mentioned and there is no forum for OO.

Best wishes

Steve
Modelling the Great Western Railway in the Welsh Borders, and the Glyn Valley Tramway with a few bits from elsewhere!