News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gordon's coaches & lights

Started by sjk1077, August 30, 2007, 11:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjk1077

Hey, all.  The info on this board is amazing!  All of the layouts and pics look great. ;D  Here are my questions for today.  First off, I have seen Gordon pulling 3 coaches most of the time and once in a while 4 coaches.  I saw on the Bach-man's layout that he pulls 4.  How many should he typically pull?  I know being a model is limiting, but is pulling a longer consist out of the question?  What's the most he should pull( if the track is flat)?  Also, I was wondering if there are lights available for the engines, like the ones on T.V.?

Thanks Again,
Scott

The Chaz Storm

I would say 4, 5, or possibly 6 at the most is how much Gordon could pull, same would go for Henry and Spencer.

sjk1077

Hey, all.  Thanks Chaz for the info.  I was hoping that Gordon would be able to pull 5 or 6 coaches.  But, what about the lights?  After some research, I saw Thomas, Percy, and James have lights but not the bigger engines.  Why?  Even your picture of Arthur doesn't have a light.  I'm pretty sure on the series they do.  Is that right?  All I have is a Bachmann Gordon, but it would be nice to have a light, too.

Thanks, again,
Scott

The Chaz Storm

Well I can't answer the question about Gordon.  But I do have light up models of Thomas, Toby, James and Percy.  They need to be installed though, you can't just buy them from the bachmann company.  A certain store makes them called Trainbuddy.com  Ask them if you want those four engines made, though I am sorry to say I'm afraid they don't do Gordon, Henry, or Spencer. :(

max (uk)

About 7 to 9 coaches are in a normal English steam train. But realy you should run however many you want to.

sjk1077

Hey, all.  Thanks for the info.  I will try Trainbuddy.com.  Any thought to why Gordon, Spencer, and Henry do not have lights?  Also, I am looking forward to getting a longer passenger consist, one day! ;D

Thanks, again,
Scott

The Chaz Storm

Well they don't have the lampposts attached to the models unfortunately. :(