News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DVD Instructions for Tweetsie ?

Started by EurekaCarriage, August 27, 2013, 06:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EurekaCarriage

Howdy folks, new user here, I'll do introductions later, for the purpose of this topic, I am looking for a DVD instruction manual for the Big G scale Tweetsie .
Do i really need it?
I downloaded and read the PDF version of the printed instruction manual, is there any difference between that and the DVD ?
Is the DVD more informative than the paper/PDF version?

Thanks for the help !

Loco Bill Canelos

Welcome to Large Scale!!  You have all you really need with the PDF,  the DVD mostly just shows some nice pictures of it running.   If you can find an old HO scale transformer and a way to connect wires to the track it will be enough to get by for testing.  In your other post you mentioned the problem with the 9 volt battery in the tender. this is for the chuff chuff sound.  If the battery is stuck inside there are four screws that hold the shell on the tender. Get in there and remove the battery as gently as possible.  If there is a ton of corrosion on the terminals yiou may have to use some fine black wet dry sandpaper to get it off.  If very little corrosion and abrasive ink eraser may also work.  The locomotive wheels must be clean,  Q tips and track cleaning fluid or metal cleaner will do the trick.  I have in a pinch used a 9 volt battery and some wire to test a loco to see if it works. If the track is rusted you may have to replace it, as a minimum it should also be thoroughly cleaned and properly connected as explained in the PDF.

One note:  Now that you have this set it is important to make it a success for the seven year old! Failing will not only be a disappointment, but may be a turnoff for the future.   

If all else fails get one of these:

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=255_639_640

You can do better on price that that listed, so shop around! 

Again Welcome 8)!

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!