News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

replacement hand rails for passenger cars

Started by mickeykelley, August 08, 2013, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

I have an older set of passenger cars that have the plastic handrails and 9 volt battery compartment, but do have metal wheels.  Is there a kit available to upgrade these?

Wade Colyer

This dealer on eBay always seems to have some.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/METAL-END-RAILING-SET-4-BACHMANN-LGB-PASSENGER-CARS-/141030814510?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item20d617732e#ht_913wt_909

Bachmann does not offer an upgrade kit and if you called Bachmann parts, I'd have no idea what they would cost, if they even had them.

Wade

mickeykelley

g-guage_trains

Ozark this a set of 4 coach end railing, in 1:22.5 Details Page 19, $6.82
alan rr

dgtrrco

HEY MICKEY!! If you have an ACE hardware near you most of them have a brass bin within the store with all sorts of brass stock as square, round and flat pieces usually 12 inches long. If you have a solding iron its easy to make your own. All my BACHMANN pass cars have had their handrails replaced with the home made brass ones. It quite easy to solder the brass just clean the ends that are going to be soldered with some fine steel wool and they with go together rather smoothly. Hope this helps. My local Ace usually has plenty of the brass stock available and they keep it refreshed. ACE is THE PLACE!!