Is Bachmann dropping the Russian Decapod from the Roles?

Started by Frisco_Manny, August 30, 2007, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco_Manny

Hi there,

Been looking around at some Bachmann Spectrum HO Russian Decapod's. Apparently, there seems to be a problem with the last batch that went out with drive train issues and circuit boards, so they are being pulled from the shelves. Many versions are not available anymore and won't be for a while. Is Bachmann discontinuing these? What's the skinny?

Manny

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

the Bach-man

Dear Manny,
The sound versions are available, and non-sound locos will return.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

ta152h0

Quote from: the Bach-man on September 01, 2007, 11:49:10 PM
Dear Manny,
The sound versions are available, and non-sound locos will return.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Good looking machines. And I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and the new Russia Iron & Pinstripe 4-4-0 w/ DCC, without that dumb looking huge stack, are very nice. As a matter of fact, I just might buy one right now, after I do my checkbook. Is Bachmann taking over the model RR business ? :)

rogertra

They're very nice engines, though one of mine has developed "Slipping Gear Syndrome".

All of mine have been kitbashed to some extent to remove the "Russian" look.

They have new sandboxes, new stacks, airtanks on the pilot deck, and now on the workbench, once again, being re-fitted with yet another set of sandboxes and steam domes as I was unhappy with the first set I used.  Of course, as is my want, tenders have been kitbashed as well.

All three look slightly different from the others as one would expect from the three survivors of a 1918 built loco class.  They even have slightly different valve gear, two with a single slide bar and one with a double slide bar.

ta152h0

Something turned Bachmann " on " , for they are suddenly coming out with a great variety of good looking full of detail DCC locomotives. I am totally sold on DCC, albeit still a total rookie. I tend to leave my locomotives stock and any kitbashing only happens after I " accidentally " stage a crash scene at a crossing  :)