Power requiremens for WBB locos.

Started by stationmaster12, August 03, 2013, 10:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Hello everyone,
I have a Lionel CW -80 power pack that came with one of train sets. I want to run Williams locos. Will that power pack have enough "juice" to run WBB locos? Or do I need a power pack with a higher output?
Thanks,
Jose,
Nashville TN
Keep God first in all that you do.

Srcjo

The CW 80 will run your Williams by Bachmann loco's no problem.

stationmaster12

Awesome! Thanks! I'm planing to get an NW-2 in the classic Seaboard orange and blue scheme.

wmwalker

Stationmaster12
You will really like that NW-2 switcher. I got go one my self in NYC but I am having my friend who loves to detail engines change it to Southern. It is a great engine and runs outstanding.  :)
Thanks
Wyatt

Chessie1971

I have a williams NW-2 B&O switcher engine.Runs great  and Lionel CW80 will run your williams engines fine.

stationmaster12

Thank you all!! I can not wait to get my new loco! Come in moats time daddy will get a new toy! ;D

mirylad

I have to add a caveat: I have a brand-new Amtrak Genesis by Williams that throws out tons of sparks and does not run properly under a CW-80, but I switched to an MTH Z-1000 and it runs perfectly now, so it is fickle with some Williams engines.

phillyreading

Most 80 watt transformers will run a Williams engine or two.
Some Williams have problems with the CW-80, so I would recommend an Atlas or Williams 80 watt transformer, or an MTH Z-1000; a 100 watt transformer.

Remember that when you add lighted accessories or passenger cars your power need goes up, so you should add that in when considering what transformer to buy.

Lee F.