Good modeling reference - My 2013 Nevada trip

Started by Ray Dunakin, August 17, 2013, 02:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

I've just finished posting a report of my 2013 Nevada/Mojave ghost town trip on my website! It's not directly railroad-related but there's a lot of great reference material for mines, mills and other structures:

http://www.raydunakin.com/Site/Nevada_Trip_2013_Part_One.html

My 2013 trip was a real adventure in every sense of the word! I saw some wonderfully preserved sites, many historic ruins, and a mine big enough to drive a car in; ancient log cabins and fascinating machinery; thunderstorms, flash floods, wildlife encounters, and a blue sphinx!

I also had a variety of car problems, a near-disaster, and my first-ever call to 911, and being on the receiving end of Mineral County's Search and Rescue! I visited many interesting sites, most of which I'd never seen before, and a few I had not seen in many years.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about it. If you discover any broken links or other issues, please let me know. Also I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions as to how I could improve the site or make it easier to navigate.
Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

utdave

i quess you didnt get to the Northern railway  there.  i might be going this week    DAve

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: utdave on August 18, 2013, 06:14:32 PM
i quess you didnt get to the Northern railway  there.  i might be going this week    DAve

Nope, I usually go to see the Nevada Northern but I stayed in the western side of the state this year.

However, on this trip I found out that the Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge #18 is being restored for operation, in Independence, CA! I would love to see that loco run!

Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

utdave

like to just spend a summer going to one spot to another  on those steamers .   DAve