Searching from Bachmann #97371 (Emmett Kelley Circus Performer's Car #2)

Started by moosenlawyer, August 28, 2013, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosenlawyer

My father-in-law is trying to locate a car from Bachmann's Emmett Kelley Jr. Circus set. Unfortunately, it was discontinued in 2006. Being a little more computer proficient, I offered to help search online.

Does anyone know of a site or vendor that might be selling Bachmann, model 97371, Observation Performers Car #2?

Thanks.

- Jason

Chuck N

Have you checked EBAY?  A lot of out of production G gauge rolling stock shows up there.  Since you have the stock number a search shouldn't be too difficult.  Some prices of trains there can be higher than retail, but it is worth a shot.

Chuck

moosenlawyer

I've been keeping my eye on ebay for him but nothing has ever turned up. I think this might be a long-term project. Oh well, the hunt continues.

GG1onFordsDTandI

You may want to consider watching the DASH train auction site too. Read the rules, they are different than other auction sites.

Loco Bill Canelos

Jason, As Chuck says EBay is your best bet. If you set up a "saved Search"  under G Scale then Bachmann then circus you can get a daily email of all new listings for Bachmann Circus items available.  

I found the Bachmann Brothers version of the car for $25 if that is acceptable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BACHMANN-BIG-G-All-Star-Circus-passenger-car-LIGHTED-/171113371381?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item27d726d6f5

The EKJ version 97371 does show up from time to time, but you may need a little patience to get one.

Good luck

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

GG1onFordsDTandI

Hey, that guy in the top hat and tux on that car looks familiar...Oh....He cleans up well! :D

moosenlawyer

Thanks. I think my father-in-law snagged the last one that came up on ebay. But, if not, I'll let him know that another one came back onto the market.

Thanks again.

- Jason