News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dynamis fault finding

Started by KCLV RR, August 22, 2013, 12:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCLV RR

I bought Dynamis in 2007,  just started to use it this week,  worked okay for couple hours, now does not seem to communicate from handset to command station, instructions say check jumpers, how do you do that?  Command station has 2 lights constantly flashing, what could be the problem? 

richg

Did you read through the manual yet? Maybe at least two times, slowly.
A few people don't is why I ask.

Rich

KCLV RR

Yes I have read the confusing and very unclear manual that does not address  how to check the handset and how to set command station jumpers to the same channel.  And I am not sure that is even the problem. Can anyone offer any advise?

NarrowMinded

Make sure to put New high quality batteries in the hand set.

NM-Jeff

KCLV RR

Bob_B

Quote from: KCLV RR on August 22, 2013, 11:02:07 PM
...  how to check the handset and how to set command station jumpers to the same channel.  And I am not sure that is even the problem. Can anyone offer any advise?

Changing jumpers (default none) is only necessary if you have more than one command station.
Undoubtedly not your problem so you can discount it straight away.

The only problem I encountered with mine acting similar to yours was batteries. They must be fully charged, all of them. Even if the controller itself says they are ok I check them individually with a meter. This solved my problem.

KCLV RR

Thanks for that information.  I checked it.  both are set at 0.  now what?

utdave

sometimes lighting may effect the controller   i had one FL type of light interfere with signal .        does anyone in your area have a dynamis set also.     or does your hobby store have one set up.      recheck your batteries even start with a new set of them  like others have mention.     do you have a short on your tracks  things that might cause other issues might even cause this not to respond (not sure but give it a try).     i have a full set up with pro box and 4 recievers    plus 5 amp booster .   my booster dectects shortage in track  i havent had just the dynamis by itself.     i hope this helps  and finding someone else with a dynamis is a plus in your area     DAve

Bob_B

Quote from: utdave on August 25, 2013, 02:29:35 PM
....  my booster dectects shortage in track  i havent had just the dynamis by itself.  ...

Yes the standard Dynamis detects shorts and shows "Short" on the LCD screen.

GG1onFordsDTandI

I don't have the Dynamis system, but have you disconnected the wires from the system to the layout? If the fault clears the problem is in the layout. If the problem persists while not connected, I would say the system(or batteries, even new) are at fault. Once clear, reconnecting one thing at a time should find the issue. While I was a amusement/video game technician, simple process of elimination was my greatest tool.