News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Convertible Coach/Observation Car

Started by nzreg, September 02, 2013, 02:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzreg

My first post and as a newbie to on30 I am surprised at the lack of passenger cars.
I see from the 2013 catalogue that the above should be available at some time and I wondered if there was any further information available.
Finally, thank you Bachmann for making available such fine model locomotives, I have a Climax and have just ordered the 4 6 0, look forward to its arrival. ( now for something for the passengers to sit in )  :)

BIG BEAR

Hi nzreg,
  Welcome to the wonderful world of On30.
Bachmann made 4 different Jackson & Sharp passenger cars. The Coach, Combination Mail/passenger,
Observation with the observation deck off the back, and the 2-door baggage cars. The observation car is only available from the On30 sets. A lot of the early sets do not have a 2-door baggage car in that road name. This car was released after these liveries were discontinued.
Hope this info is helpful.

Enjoy,
   Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

railtwister

nzreg,

The original On30 observation cars had windows on the end with the observation platform, in addition to the wrap around railings. The unlettered Burgandy & Black version (# 160-26298) is still available from Walthers, and is currently sale priced at $42.25 (regular price is $65.00).

The "convertible" observation sounds like it's just a coach with an added wrap-around platform railing (the coaches have no end windows). Neither the #26201 (Burgandy) or the #26202 (Olive) is showing on Walther's website, so it's doubtful they are released yet.

I think you'd be better to get the #26298 if you can, while it's still available, otherwise you may have a bit of a wait.

Bill in FtL

nzreg

Thanks for the replies, being new I had no idea what to expect with the new releases.
I did find that Hobbylinc still have both the Burgundy and Olive observation cars in stock, ordered two of the olive ones for one thing they are ten dollars cheaper at $35.00 and as I intend repainting them anyway. ;D

Reg