News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bought used set - Not working at all

Started by castr0, August 31, 2013, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

castr0

Hi. I bought a used Bachman Set, with the engine, EZ track and transformer and I can't get it to work at all.  I cleaned the tracks and still nothing. The engine does not react one bit.

Any thoughts on next troubleshooting steps and how to get it working. The folks we bought from said it should work but may need a bit of TLC

Thanks

hawaiiho

Folks will need more information to help. DC, DCC, power to the track, connections,etc.

Have you another loco you know is working? Can you test this loco on a known working layout? LIghts? Something more than it isn't working, doesn't move.

Will

Jerrys HO

castro

A multimeter would help checking voltage at the power pack, then move down to where your connection is at the track. A 9 volt battery can check the motor on the engine. Connect one side of the battery to one wheel and the other to the opposite side wheel.
Here's a good link to help you.....

http://www.trainelectronics.com/Meter_Workshop/index.htm

Jerry

jbrock27

Fidel, to add to the excellent suggestions made by these two gentlemen, are you sure you have the wires properly connected from the power source to the track?  If a DC set, be sure to have the 2 wires connected to the contacts/screws marked "DC" or "Trains" on the power source, to the 2 contact points on the track.  If you have the wires connected to the "AC" contacts marked on the power source and then to the track, this is no good.  AC is to run other items and not the engine on the track.

If possible, pics would certainly help.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Or, maybe bringing the "pictures" to you might be a better idea.  See if these help you:

How do I set-up my HO set?
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »   
The easiest way to set-up your HO set is to watch our YouTube videos.

Click on the links below.

Set-up video Part One

Set-up video Part Two

Set-up video Part Three

If you can't open these links, go to the FAQs here on the forum for "How do I Set up My HO Train Set".

The posting is by "3rail"
Keep Calm and Carry On

GG1onFordsDTandI

Thanks Roger, that space makes a difference doesn't it ;D 

rogertra

Quote from: GG1onFordsDTandI on September 02, 2013, 10:06:56 PM
Thanks Roger, that space makes a difference doesn't it ;D  

Actually, you are supposed to enclose the url as below. You copy and paste the url between them, on the same line.  However, leave NO spaces like I did otherwise it will think I've created a link.

[ url ]

[ /url ]

So, once again, if you do all that on one line with no spaces anywhere, you will get a clickable link.  :)

GG1onFordsDTandI

Done automatically if there is a space before HTTP. Added one before each above, and wha la! (voila) Unless there is something I don't understand, it doesn't seem to be required to use the HTML code for URL addresses  anymore. I just failed to use a space.