News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ STREETS STARTER SETS?

Started by stationmaster12, August 27, 2013, 07:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Dear WBB,
Will you offer EZ streets starter sets any time soon? I'm making plans for a new layout and I would like to have working streets for trollies and vehicles.
Thanks!
Keep God first in all that you do.

coolwaldo

Mr Bach Man I would like to see EZ Street starter sets too.
Be happy. Play with your trains.

phillyreading

Would it be possible to offer a set with six 10 inch straights and 16 inch curves and an E Z Street car or two and wire leads to supply power. An instruction sheet would be nice as well, details about how to expand the E Z Street layout. Also include what power range the E Z Street vehicles need.
Another option could be to offer the above set with a transformer.

Lee F.

3rail

Guys,

Sets may be a possibility.

Lee,
Any power supply 8-18 volts will work AC or DC.  The vehicles are equipped with a bridge rectifier so they will always run forward.

Regards,

3rail

phillyreading

Quote from: 3rail on September 02, 2013, 11:29:20 PM
Guys,

Sets may be a possibility.

Lee,
Any power supply 8-18 volts will work AC or DC.  The vehicles are equipped with a bridge rectifier so they will always run forward.

Regards,

3rail

Thank you 3rail!

Part of the reason I ask about how to power E Z Street vehicles or how to supply power to the tracks is that I had to experiment with the older Super Streets product on how to add power to the tracks.
Would it be possible to add a "how to section" for E Z Streets under FAQ?
Not everybody has the experience that I have in O gauge trains and there may be many questions that other peolpe would like to see an answer to. Like how to connect straight tracks to curve sections. The reason I mention about curve sections is that the older Super Streets need a special track that has a wide opening on one end and a smaller opeing on the other end to go from a curve to a straight section.
Another thing that I have found out is that you need a special straight track to go between two curve sections that has wide opening all the way through it.

Lionel's power supply wires for Fastrac work very well for use with Super Streets 10 inch straight sections.

Lee F.

phillyreading

I had to learn the hard way about Super Streets curve to straight sections, had a few derailments even with the Super Streets vehicle that was designed for Super Streets. To go from a curve track to a straight section requires a special smaller straight track piece, 2 & half inch section or a 5 inch section. Also to go between two curves for use in a city area, that I did, required a special straight that had wide spacing all the way through it just like a curve section has.

To mount the track to my layout, I used a # 4 phillips head screw about half inch long with a narrowing head, or counter sink, design. That allowed the screws to mount flush with the track opening holes, and allow the little man-hole covers to go back on.

Just to let you know, I like the Super Streets and E Z Streets and just would like others to know that it requires a little knowledge to use this system like it is designed to do. It's a great track system.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

I for one would like the E-Z Street starter set. It gets "lame" having static cars trucks and trolleys on the layout.
I think what changed our opinion or got us interested is when I picked up one of the Peter Witt Bachmann's. We have had a lot of fun with it on the layout.

I grabbed the last one they had while I was down in Florida which was a Philadelphia but would really like a Chicago.

Will definitely grad a Large scale Chicago when they come out

phillyreading

Hey M1FredQ,

You may have to use D21 curves for your Peter Witt trolley. That is the wider curve in either Super Streets or E Z Streets. Both products will fit together, so if you see a Super Street piece that you like it can be added in without any problem. The only difference is; the E Z Streets are a different shade of grey.

I bought some Super Streets stuff while in Strasburg PA about three weeks ago. Plan to set up a new layout, with Super Streets, when I get a larger place to live in.

Lee F.