News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bladwin 2-6-0 locomotive

Started by Lego_master, September 04, 2013, 07:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego_master

Hi all,
I am new to train hobby and recently purchased Bachmann lakeshore limited addition. The ready to run set doesn't come with smoke fluid and I am not sure if Bachmann already pre-filled the smoke unit or not.  How can I check or add the smoke fluid in this engine smoke unit? I see at the bottom, there is on/off switch, but there is no indication where actually the storage unit for smoke fluid.  Please advise. Thanks much.

Jerrys HO

Leg Master

Here is additional info for your loco. Scroll down to smoke unit.
Why they do not include this is beyond me.
Save it to your favorites as it has a lot of useful tips.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/williams/2-6-4_girls.pdf

You may get better responses if you post this in the Williams section of this forum in the future.

Jerry

phillyreading

Part of the reason that Bachmann ships them dry is because it may sit a few months on the shelve and also the fluid will leek out if filled. So 'you must' add smoke fluid if it smokes.

Lee F.

Lego_master

Thanks all. Correction from my original post:
1. The locomotive is actually 4-6-0. The instruction manual link (2-6-4) provided is pretty much same for this locomotive.
2.  Smoke fluid did come with it, and I just have to look hard in the huge box to find it in the corner pocket of Styrofoam box.

Additional question:
The locomotive comes in all black, I would like to paint it. Do you recommend any specific paint (not color, brand)? And if it is okay to paint this locomotive by paint brush or with spray paint?

phillyreading

I would do some research before painting your locomotive. You will need a special paint or you may have to strip the original paint(at least sand off the top layer) in order to make a new paint job last longer then a few weeks. I read some stuff over at OGR ( O gauge railroad)forum about painting a Williams engine, has been a couple of months so it is not a recent posting.

Lee F.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Lego_master on September 05, 2013, 11:40:57 AM
2.  Smoke fluid did come with it, and I just have to look hard in the huge box to find it in the corner pocket of Styrofoam box.
I don't know how much they give you, but buying more before you run out is a very good idea. Smoke units should not be run dry. Not all smoke fluid is created equal, make sure its the right kind you are going to use.

Quote from: phillyreading on September 06, 2013, 08:12:39 AM
I would do some research before painting your locomotive. You will need a special paint or you may have to strip the original paint(at least sand off the top layer) in order to make a new paint job last longer then a few weeks. I read some stuff over at OGR ( O gauge railroad)forum about painting a Williams engine, has been a couple of months so it is not a recent posting
good advice.