News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question about replacing face

Started by Rickenbacker 325, October 07, 2015, 12:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickenbacker 325

Hello, I have seen some youtube video's with the bachmann engines, though these engines have different faces. One guy on youtube is named Calebtrain and has done this with most of his engines. By the looks of thomas's face, its his wooden railway face. Is there a way I could buy those separately without having to buy the full train? I wouldn't mind taking out the moving eyes for this. Thanks in advance!!

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Rickenbacker 325 on October 07, 2015, 12:39:41 AM
Hello, I have seen some youtube video's with the bachmann engines, though these engines have different faces. One guy on youtube is named Calebtrain and has done this with most of his engines. By the looks of thomas's face, its his wooden railway face. Is there a way I could buy those separately without having to buy the full train? I wouldn't mind taking out the moving eyes for this. Thanks in advance!!
I believe he has an account on this forum too :) (although I don't know quite how active it is), I would recommend sending him a private message to enquire about this, I'm sure he would very gladly tell you just how he did it.
But from memory he used to make a lot of faces for his engines out of clay, maybe that might be a good starting point.
Best of luck in your endeavour
~Alex :)

Calebtrain

Hi there, glad you've taken an interest!

Yes, Thomas' face is wooden railway, as are a few others. Many I had to retrieve from different ranges, and I can list them if you'd like. :)

Unfortunately, I did have to buy the whole train. However, they aren't too expensive on ebay if you look around. I also collected them over a period of a few months, so the prices weren't overwhelming. :)

If you are preparing to do this, make sure you have means to remove the faces, they're not all easy! I use a Dremel tool with a metal-cutting disc.

Hope this helps!

-Caleb
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Rickenbacker 325

Quote from: Calebtrain on October 11, 2015, 08:48:04 PM
Hi there, glad you've taken an interest!

Yes, Thomas' face is wooden railway, as are a few others. Many I had to retrieve from different ranges, and I can list them if you'd like. :)

Unfortunately, I did have to buy the whole train. However, they aren't too expensive on ebay if you look around. I also collected them over a period of a few months, so the prices weren't overwhelming. :)

If you are preparing to do this, make sure you have means to remove the faces, they're not all easy! I use a Dremel tool with a metal-cutting disc.

Hope this helps!

-Caleb

Thank you for your response!! My next question is how do you attach the face to thomas after that? I'm wondering because I am making a dummy Thomas for my module group for a Day out with Thomas train and would like to have a CGI face.

Edit: I just saw the Battery Operated Thomas on the wikia, would that face work it looks closer than the regular wooden one