News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Oliver thread!

Started by TrainFan2020, September 08, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan2020

Here is the Official Oliver Thread! :o

Enjoy and all news, thoughts, photos, etc.. go Here. ::)

TrainFan97

Oliver hasn't been announced yet.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Calebtrain

I think this thread is meant for us to talk about a possible Oliver in the future. Then if he is announced, pictures and stuff can be posted here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

thomasj219

Can't we just use the wish list thread, there's too many to keep straight as it is.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

thomasj219

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 09, 2013, 12:29:00 PM
Can't we just use the wish list thread, there's too many to keep straight as it is.

Chaz

As soon as I read the title, I suddenly got my hopes up thinking some late announcement popped up!

Honestly, I agree with thomasj219. I feel like it's one thing to talk about the potential a locomotive has for being made, but talking about thoughts and pictures as if he is actually is announced is a whole different deal.  That and I feel like Bachmann probably gets enough demands for Oliver as it is, so at this point I think they got the message.  Personally, I think it's only a matter of when he will be announced, as opposed to if, but only time will tell at this point. 

Regardless, he's the most popular demand by a landslide, and I think a lot of members on this forum would love him to join the range.  I know I would!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan2020

Same ModelTrainFan538
But, a more detailed coat and face  ;)

TrainFan2020

-ModelTrainFan538
I think it will look like that, but with a season 2-3 face

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

TrainFan2020

Chaz

I don't usually bump threads, particularly ones that are this old, but I figured now would be an appropriate time to do so considering that a Bachmann model of Oliver is now on the way.

I want to talk about some speculation behind Oliver with how I think the model will turn out, regarding which of the potential two designs we could see. 

Based on the illustration in the catalog I have no doubt that we will see Oliver in his CGI face, same goes for Toad.  But unlike Toad, Oliver has different design compared to his model-era counter part.  Differences are shown in the height, which makes him extremely out of scale, the black running board, along with other various details and changes. 

The model era version on the other hand has a more basic design with less details, and more importantly is in scale with rest of the engines and stock with the series.  Personally I would rather see Bachmann take this approach, regardless of whichever face they choose for the model.  Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy with the former, but I think everyone would prefer to have a model of Oliver that is more to scale with the other models in the range as well as a white running board.  They might be minor nitpicks but for some people it could really make a difference and I hope Bachmann takes that into consideration. 

Either way a CGI face is inevitable for Oliver and Toad, whether fans will admit that or not.  Regardless of how the model itself turns out in the end, it will be nice to have a new model of Oliver to run on the layout alongside the Bachmann Duck. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

Absolutely agree, I'm fine with the CGI face but I do hope they go more in the model direction for scale and running board.

Blackfive1994

Quote from: thomasj219 on March 05, 2015, 10:39:18 AM
Absolutely agree, I'm fine with the CGI face but I do hope they go more in the model direction for scale and running board.
either way, Oliver should be a good model when it comes out.

DoggySporty

Do people really still get upset over Cgi faces?  I haven't heard anything about that in a while, but there are lots of people and opinions out there.
I'd be ok with whatever we get, Oliver was always my favorite character growing up because he was the first engine I ever saw be properly introduced to the series (season 3).  I felt like he was "my" character in my 4 year old mindset.
Of course I'm not trying to start a G scale topic, but I think Oliver would be practical to (eventually) be introduced to G scale, as his driving wheels are not as long as Duck's, Gordon's, or so on.  That's just an idea though.  With Winston coming out I have literally no clue where G scale will go from here.