News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Oliver thread!

Started by TrainFan2020, September 08, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

I wouldn't mind the CGI face either, but having a model face would be a nice bonus.

I'm more concerned about the footplate. It's a personal preference but I prefer it to be white, since that's how I remember Oliver as. If his body was entirely based on his model appearance, but with a CGI face, I'd be pretty happy.

thomasj219

Agree. The white running plate is a must for me. I mean not like I wouldn't get it other wise but still. The fact that Duck had one gives me hope.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Calebtrain

I really don't see the running plate as an issue, it's a simple paint job for whatever livery you'd like.

It'd be interesting to see if Bachmann makes a 'hybrid' of sorts, like using model Oliver's scale, but having the details from the CGI counterpart.

Just throwing ideas. :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Chaz

Quote from: Calebtrain on March 06, 2015, 09:32:55 AM
I really don't see the running plate as an issue, it's a simple paint job for whatever livery you'd like.

It'd be interesting to see if Bachmann makes a 'hybrid' of sorts, like using model Oliver's scale, but having the details from the CGI counterpart.

Just throwing ideas. :P

I wouldn't mind this either.  Even if I would prefer a white running board, it is something that's fixable if people are bothered.  The white running board, much like Diesel's silver side rods, is a nice touch for older fans and is something that would give Bachmann some praise.  Oliver's scaling issue I'd be more concerned about since that is not something that is fixable as shown here:

Duck's face says it all...

Hopefully Bachmann will be aware of this while the Oliver model is production.  Personally, I expect it to be the model era version of Oliver with a CGI style face for reasons I stated earlier, but only time will tell with what road Bachmann will take at this point.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

I think the scaling issue in general means Bachmann might base his body more off the model version. and just throw on a CGI face like Diesel.

thomasj219

That would also be my guess. And my preference. I mean I would love a model face but I don't know if it's too likely. Besides his cgi face is similar to his model one.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Metal

I think Oliver is gonna be a CGI/Model hybrid, like Diesel. The CGI details and face are fine, but the scaling really does come into question.
I'm pretty sure they would go for the model scaling.

Oliver next to Duck, for comparison.

TTTEfan1992

I have five ideas on how the Bachmann company can make HO/OO Bachmann Oliver. The pictures have a nice face and smile compatible with the classic 1-10 (Thomas through Douglas) characters without having to make Oliver in his CGI form. I would like everything of him to be based off of the classic series which include: his face, running board painted white, and his shell (train body) etc. Here are some ideas on how I would like the Bachmann company to make HO/OO Bachmann Oliver.

TTTEfan1992

If you want to look at my ideas for how Bachmann Oliver should look. Go to the thread "Bachmann Oliver Thread Ideas".

TTTEfan1992

For anyone who is interested in waiting for Bachmann's suggested price for HO/OO Oliver to be revealed, go to this website:http://www.trainsetsonly.com/page/TSO/PROD/160-58815.

Chaz

That is very interesting.  Although that's not the retail price of the Bachmann Oliver, it is interesting to note that Oliver will cost just about as much as Arry and Bert (given by what's at the store).  So since at the Bachmann store the Arry and Bert models are $119.00 each at retail, we can assume that Oliver's retail price is around that same price range.  Hopefully other shops will list Oliver for cheaper prices soon, since I always like preordering models before they arrive.  Thank you for sharing that with us!  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Metal

Brought this thread back.

Just a thought.

I'm thinking that Oliver's scaling and proportions would be based off a real 14xx, rather then both his TV model or CGI render.

Where his CGI render is undersized, and TV model seems to be overscale.

Please give some feedback.