thomas and friends 2014 and 2015, what do you wish for?

Started by dan-hornby, September 17, 2013, 03:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan-hornby

i heard a rumour that boco, daisy and oliver are here next year, but not sure how true it is. i hope it is very true and happens in febuary in 2014.

so what would everyone hope to see been realeased over the next 2 years??

ho scale

boco, daisy, oliver, murdoch, wilbert, pre flying kipper henry, black james (as per the first apperance in the book)and the narrow gauge engines. also toad would be nice to go with douglas

large scale

edward, henry, gordon, duck, donald, douglas, oliver, bill, ben, spencer, and toad. also the express coaches that gordon uses in green and cream and red and white as used by james

seanrail

here are my top priorities in HO

Oliver

Toad

Trevor

CGI Milk and Fuel Tankers (Unless Bachmann's new batch of the two products that had just hit stores has the CGI logos)

Rocky

Hector

Re-released Flat bed (but with a different load like Logs or Oil Drums)

Re-released Gordon's Express Coaches (with accurate tooling of those in the TV Series)

Re-released Well Wagon

Re-released Tar Tanker

Sodor Airport

Sodor Steamworks

The Duke and Duchess of Boxford's summerhouse

The Duke and Duchess of Boxford

Alicia Botti

Lady Hatt

STH's Car

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Chaz

I feel like another thread regarding future products is really overdoing it.  :-\ We have a wishlist thread, a predictions thread, and even threads dedicated to specific additions like Oliver, Stepney, Narrow gauge, etc.  Using one of the threads mentioned earlier, particularly the wishlist thread, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

jward

how about dcc in Thomas and the others? Some of those locomotives are a bear to add dcc yourself.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

dan-hornby

i could of put this in the wishlist thread but it is so full it slows my computer  while its loading. anyway change is as good as a rest as duck once said.

but is anyone else excited about the possible boco, daisy and oliver due for realease???

MAELLIS

I hope poor old large scale Toby won't be without his beloved Henrietta too long  >:(! It would be a shame if she never appeared ! Anyone know if she will arrive one day ?

BigC12

Here's what I wish for:
Oliver
Toad
Stepeny
Harvey
Troublesome Truck #5
Troublesome Truck #6
Rosie
Lady

Who am I kidding? Some of it probably would not happen.  :(

Chaz

Quote from: BigC12 on October 13, 2013, 02:55:54 PM
Here's what I wish for:
Oliver
Toad
Stepeny
Harvey
Troublesome Truck #5
Troublesome Truck #6
Rosie
Lady

Who am I kidding? Some of it probably would not happen.  :(

Actually, the only ones that won't happen anytime soon are Lady and Harvey (because of his crane arm).  The rest sound like fairly good possibilities!

Seeing as how people are posting here more frequently than the other 2014 thread, there is one thing I do want to express regarding my thoughts for next year.  With the recent ihobby show, I'm finding it a little doubtful that we are going to be getting a wider variety of products this year.  Apart from the Christmas set, nothing that was announced for the HO line this year won't be out until sometime in 2014.  In a way it doesn't surprise me but at the same time I'm really surprised 'Arry and Bert are being held back yet it took Bachmann less than a year to release their Diesel model when he was announced.  ::)   I'm honestly not expecting too much from Bachmann this year with their delayed products already in hand.  I do think Oliver and Toad are still the best possibilities, but if not those two then I'd expect one other engine and one other addition like a piece of rolling stock or an accessory.  I'm hoping Trevor could squeeze himself into this years range, but since Jeremy is delayed too, I don't expect him to join the range just yet.  Especially since Trevor has a lot of small parts and details that would require more attention during production.  You can say that I'm hoping for more but at the same time I'm expecting less for HO next year.

Large scale on the other hand will probably do better next year.  I'm still expecting the same engines (Edward or Mavis) as well as some more repaints for rolling stock along with the possibility of a mail car or Henrietta.  

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

sodorlad

I'd like to see in Large Scale:

Edward (I think Diesel also has a chance)

Henrietta
Mail Coach
Red Open Wagon

I hope one day Gordon and Henry are also made... There's no hope of them negotiating a first radius curve, but I wouldn't want their size to be compromised.

In HO I'd like to see:

Rosie (Though I think Charlie has a strong chance)
Red Coach and Red Brake Coach

I'm happy with my Hornby Oliver and Toad, I'd rather add something new to my collection. Also, whilst this maybe unpopular, if I was in charge of HIT, to make more money I'd recommend Bachmann produce a character that appeals to the target demographic. The majority of fans aren't posting on here or SIF, therefore I doubt how well Oliver and Toad are now known to the younger mass of Thomas fans. Rosie currently features instead of Emily in a lot of the girls' merchandise for Thomas. She has made numerous (albeit mostly cameo) roles in the show to date. Plus I'd like another female engine in the mix. Character exposure is key to success of selling these toys!

I honestly think Duck wouldn't have been given the green light if his return had not been anticipated.
Botheration...

Chaz

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 14, 2013, 07:43:53 PM
What makes you sure that Arry & Bert are delayed?

They were not displayed at this year's NMRA or at the recent ihobby show.  Based on the outcome of similar products in the range, like Duck, it's safe to assume they won't be out until some point next year.

thomasj219

That's a shame Chaz, And I have to disagree with you Sodorlad, just because there is a bit of variety in the range doesn't mean Rosie would sell well. You must remember the old seasons are still being sold and characters like oliver are much more memorable to kids for some reason, at least the ones i know. I'll say this BACHMANN seems to know that since they have produced now 19 classic era engines.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.