News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Davenport plastic siderod hubs cracked

Started by dtrrman, September 17, 2013, 04:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtrrman

Has anybody had any issues with cracks in the plastic hubs(that hold the side rods) that fit on the ends of the axles on the Davenport 0-4-0 diesel.  I have a dozen of these units and after inspecting them for cracked gears, I have noticed that the plastic hub sleeve where it pushes onto the ends of the axles are cracked on most of my models.  Also, on those same side rod hubs the portion of the hub where the metal pin inserts into to hold the side rods on most of those are splitting or cracked as well. 

Biglars

I have not seen this issue on any of the six I have. Does it cause an operational issue!

Bas

On 2 of my Davenports I've noticed the same problem as you have, but it still runs fine...

Regards

Bas

dtrrman

Quote from: Biglars on September 18, 2013, 12:38:49 AM
I have not seen this issue on any of the six I have. Does it cause an operational issue!

The only problems I have had is the occasional side rod falling off when the loose pin fell out.  I have taken to putting a small amount of superglue in the pin hole to hold it in.  As far as the split hubs, Only one has been a problem being split wide open and loose and was causing binding problems with the rods, so it was replaced.