News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Where the heck do you put

Started by Catt, September 17, 2013, 10:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catt

the decoder. Hi, I have several On30 locos one of which has a brand new decoder installed This is a gas mechanical.I have several steam units I want toput decoders in but I am curious as to where Bachmann puts them in the DCC equipted Porters and and the 2-6-0s.

Another question I have is ,are all of the On30 units decoder ready? I know my other gas mechanical is becuse it has wiring directions for installing one.

Biglars

Catt

Thanks,I will keep this in mind when I do the conversion.

2foot6

Hi Catt,I think most of the On30 locos are  DCC ready except for the 2-6-0.Perhaps  Mr Bachmann can confirm what is and what is not.When  I bought my 2-6-0s they were not DCC ready,I installed the decoders under the roof of the cab,running the wires from the roof ,down  through to the floor along side the boiler and firebox,painting the wires a copper colour to disguise them as pipes.That was seven years ago  and still works well .cheers Peter

Catt

I know that at least one of my 2-6-0s is not DCC ready as it is from the very first batch of locos done (darn thing is bullet proof took a 4' drop to a concrete floor and the only damage was a few cab windows fell out).