News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

multiple e-z command on one layout

Started by 19NHRR55, September 22, 2013, 08:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19NHRR55

I'M NOT DIGATAL SAVVY. WITH ONE E-Z COMMAND SET I CAN RUN 9 LOCOS. QUESTION: IS IT POSSIBLE TO SET UP TWO COMMAND CENTERS AND RUN 18 LOCOS.

skipgear

No...

You need to upgrade to a better DCC system if you want to address more locos. Most of the basic systems from other companies can address 100+ locomotives and can use a 4 digit address so that you can match the address to the locomotive road number, making it much easier to recall loco's.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

TJ

Quote from: 19NHRR55 on September 22, 2013, 08:05:35 AM
I'M NOT DIGATAL SAVVY. WITH ONE E-Z COMMAND SET I CAN RUN 9 LOCOS. QUESTION: IS IT POSSIBLE TO SET UP TWO COMMAND CENTERS AND RUN 18 LOCOS.
As a reminder please remember to unlock the caps lock.   

TJ

Bucksco

You don't need a "Better" system - you need a more "Advanced" system. You will also pay more for an advanced system. EZ Command was designed to be a low cost, easy to operate system for beginners. It was designed that way on purpose knowing that the user will eventually move on to a more complicated full feature system.

dtpowell

From this discussion it seems like the answer to your question is: If you want to run more than 9 locomotives on DCC you will need to "Upgrade" to a more powerful system. Your existing e-z command won't handle your needs. Check out several systems before choosing one.

Ken G Price

What, the question no one has asked 19NHRR55 is, does he mean running 9 locos or just having 9 DCC locos on the layout?

This is a common question on all of the MRR forums. I am surprised that Yardmaster did not ask this.
Big difference between running and engines sitting.

19NHRR55, engines sitting draw almost no power.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

19NHRR55

Thank you all for your help. I'll probably be happy with what I have now. Again, thank you.

keithwarltier

Page 40 of the May-Jun 3/13 N Gauge Journal describes my technique for engines to share DCC addresses because each running session is either all British or all American prototype and my layout, Much Binding, has many storage locations that are automatically isolated by Peco Code 55 turnouts.

The electronics genius who discovers how to add 10 to the DCC address output from an
E-Z Command Companion controller will be appreciated by many model railroaders.