News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dept. 56 Village Streetcar

Started by slueless, December 31, 2013, 12:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slueless

Hi, I am trying to locate the bumper switch  on a Dept. 56 Village Streetcar.  :o I cannot seem to get it going. Tracks are as snug as I could get them, they still are not what I would call smooth..., I looked at the "instructions" and it read that, if the car won't go.. then move " the bumper switch" all the way to the left or right. WHAT BUMPER SWITCH ?
any help would be appreciated. I am having a party and would like to have this thing running

GG1onFordsDTandI

Not 100% sure if the dept 56 trolley is like the ones discussed here often or not. If it is, I think the switches are in the track. You would have two types of track labeled on the bottom A and B. I think you only have two As, more Bs(or visa versa). The track you only have two pieces of, goes on the ends. See the typed illustration below,  with the letters of the sensor tracks facing toward the other tracks in between them. Let us know if this applies in this case or if we need to dive deeper for you.

--a,-b-,-b-,-b-,a--

the Bach-man

Dear Slueless,
The Dept 56 cars had a mechanical reverse that actuated when they actually hit the bumper.  The bumpers should move in and out.
Good luck!
the Bach-man