E-Z Track Command #6 Single Crossover Left Right Turnout DCC

Started by bigdaddy, September 23, 2013, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddy

Hello,

I'm starting a layout and am planing  to have an inside track and outside track.  Wanted to make sure that I purchase the correct  crossovers to have my trains go from outside/inside tracks and inside/outside tracks.  I will need 1 left crossover and 1 right crossover for the other side?  #44138 Right, & #44137 Left  Please advise. My understanding is that these EZ command switches will work using DCC only.

Thanks in advance.

Doneldon

bd-

Yes, you'll need two crossovers to be able to move both ways between your inner and outer tracks. And, yes, DCC turnouts and crossovers work only with a DCC controller. However, you can also purchase non-DCC remote turnouts which are operated with electrical switches on your control panel or the layout fascia. This allows for remote, central control but does not permit operation from a handheld throttle from anywhere near your layout.

I don't know the exact percentages but it seems to me that more modelers use non-DCC remote turnouts than DCC turnouts. Both control systems work well. DCC may be a little more convenient but it's also a little more expensive. There's also the possibility of a hybrid system which uses both DCC and non-DCC controls. The usual way to do that is to have DCC-controlled mainline, through track turnouts and sidings and yards controlled "locally" with either remote, non-DCC turnouts or some of each.
                                                                                                                                                       -- D