News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spare parts

Started by sour rails, August 31, 2007, 10:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour rails

According to the product search, the only spare part that Bachmann sells is couplers.  I understand that couplers are under more stress and ware, but What about spare wheels or trucks? ???
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

tomcat623

call the parts dept. for spare parts they have 'em

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

djp

Sour rails, 6 months ago i ordered geared trucks for my EMD GP40 and GP50. I got them in 3 weeks. I was in contact with a lady by the name of Bridget. I think she is the service manager. If you are looking for freight wheels and trucks, try Kadee. I threw out all my plastic wheels and use only Kadee.
Get Off My Train !!!

rogertra

One of my only complaint about Bachmann is the almost complete lack of spare parts.

Once again, the Powers That Be at Bachmann must think that all they are making are "toy trains" and if they break, they will simply be replaced.

NO SO Mr. Bachmann.  Many of us are model railroaders, we like to repair and or kitbash your excellent Spectrum products.

I tried ordering parts for the light 4-8-2 and was told there were none in stock.  What?  The things are only three to five years old and no parts?  Imagine the auto industry or any other industry not stocking five year old spare parts.  I can still get parts for my ten plus year old washing machine and drier.  I did last month.

What's the reason the PTB give for not carrying spare parts?

Other than "There's no money in inventorying speare parts", which is probably the real reason.   To hell with long term customer service.

SteamGene

Delta trailing trucks!
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

Pantographs! Bachmann could probably make some serious money selling pantographs aftermarket, especially now that they have three types. They break easily, are difficult to scratchbuild, and no one else offers them aftermarket at a reasonable price. Sommderfedt's are European, and thus are expensive to obtain, and Atlas' can only be bought as part of a $50 spare parts set. There's a market here, which Bachmann could exploit at minimal cost to themselves and to the consumer.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Beatle (TrainBrain)

No kiddin they're hard to scratch build (haven't tried, don't intend to ;))

For Aclea's, HHP-8's, and anything else! ;D

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris