News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another "Russian" question

Started by Frisco_Manny, September 01, 2007, 09:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco_Manny

Does the undecorated version of the 2-10-0 Russian come with the doghouse for the tender, or do you have to buy the Frisco version to get it. I really want to have the doghouse on mine. I plan on having 5 or 6 Russian's, all with Vanderbuilt tenders except 1 or 2.

Thanks,

Frisco Manny

Guilford Guy

I don't think bachmann makes vanderbuilt's for the 2-10-0 nor vanderbuitls with doghouses.
Alex

Beatle (TrainBrain)

I still need to get one, but they do come with doghouses, correct? (this may be a dumb question, for I have seen many! :P)

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

SteamGene

My understanding is that the undecorated comes with a doghouse.  I've never seen a Vanderbilt tender with a doghouse on it.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Frisco_Manny

Haha,

No! No! I know Vanderbuilt's don't come with doghouses. I was referring to the stock tender that came with the engine. I'm glad to see that the undecorated model comes with the doghouse.

I have always been a Vanderbuilt tender fan. I'm also a clearview tender fan as behind the P2K 0-8-0. Wonder? Has anyone put one of the P2K tenders behind a Spectrum engine? I think the clearview would look awesome behind the 2-8-0.

Thanks,

Manny

SteamGene

It's possible that the small Vanderbilt will mate with the Decapod.  If not, swap curcuit boards with the tender that came with the locomotive.  You may have to trim a bit. 
I believe that Roger has modified a P2K clear vision to run behind Spectrums.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on September 02, 2007, 09:25:23 AM
It's possible that the small Vanderbilt will mate with the Decapod.  If not, swap curcuit boards with the tender that came with the locomotive.  You may have to trim a bit. 
I believe that Roger has modified a P2K clear vision to run behind Spectrums.
Gene

He has, two of them, they run behind two of my six (At last count) 2-8-0s.