News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sorry Guys

Started by nosamnod, February 12, 2007, 10:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosamnod

Sorry Guys - but don't like the new board format at all.

On the old board, I found posts in various scales and gauges to be of interest and it was easy to see the suject of ALL posts at a glance, therefore making reply very easy.

This new format is a minefield, taking MUCH longer to dive between different scales, different subjects, etc.

Far too complicated I think.

Ralph-On30

I thought I was the only one that does not like the new format.

Change just for changes sake is not always good.

The only plus, so far no garbage post.

I used to spend 20 to 30 minutes going through the posts,

Now 2 to 3 minutes.

I always passed by the posts of no interest.

And I am not frightened by the Thomas posts.

And how can I go back in time to find the postings I wanted to reread?

Oh well, all good things come to an end eventually.

eric

I also find the new format less useful than the old format.  Nosamnod and Ralph-On30 covered the reasons.

I still find useful information and will continue to read/use the board.

scottychaos

I find the new forum: (hold on..I need a thesaurus)

above, admirable, capital, choice, dandy, deluxe, distinguished, exceeding, excellent, exceptional, exclusive, expert, famous, fine, finer, first-class, first-rate, first-string*, five-star*, good, good quality, grander, greater, high caliber, high-class, higher, major, more advanced, more skillful, noteworthy, over, overlying, paramount, predominant, preferable, preferred, premium, prevailing, primary, remarkable, senior, superhuman, superincumbent, surpassing.

I also find the new forum:

bigger, choice, exceeding, exceptional, finer, fitter, greater, higher quality, improved, larger, more appropriate, more desirable, more fitting, more select, more suitable, more useful, more valuable, preferable, preferred, prominent, sharpened, sophisticated, souped up*, superior, surpassing, worthier

than the old forum.

Scot

zanthian

I find the new forum far better organized and searchable.

To answer your question:
Quote from: Ralph-On30 on February 12, 2007, 11:06:10 AM
And how can I go back in time to find the postings I wanted to reread?

Ralph,
You can use the button at the top of the forum to look for topics that interest you. You can also click the "Notify me of replies." option under Additional Options when replying to a thread. This will subscribe you to the thread and notify you by email when someone has replied.
-Z

Jim

Hi,

IMHO the new forum is great. Only real drawback is losing the info from the old posts.

Compare this format to most any other around and it is superb. For example the Yahoo forums, very difficult to follow a thread and wade through endless post of litttle or no usefulness. Same for the Atlas forum.

Jim