Finding info on the K4 Pacific

Started by pvalnz, October 02, 2013, 12:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvalnz

I am new to this website and for the life of me I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIND INFO. I am trying to find out how to separate the shell of the NON-DCC K4 Pacific from the drive mechanism. I bought this unit second hand, so I don't have the manual. Can someone PLEASE steer me in the right direction ? Any and all help would be appreciated.

richg

All you have to do is look at the loco diagrams page and search the General and HO forums for k4 pacific. Not difficult at all if you do not have to be led by the hand.
I just looked.
A few do not know how to select the proper forum is why I mentioned the General forum also.

Rich

Doneldon

pvl-

I apologize for the earlier rude response you received. I hope it doesn't discourage you from returning.

I didn't find any documentation on the non-Spectrum K4 but I'd be extremely surprised if its underlying structure is significantly different from the Spectrum model. You can find an exploded diagram of the K4 here:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H844X-IS00.PDF

Good luck and welcome to this board. And you are welcome, despite the unfortunate previous unfriendly reception.
                                                                                                                                                                                      -- D

pvalnz

To richg. Just to let you know, I DID explore the various discussion and forum groups BEFORE I made my plea for help. I could
NOT find any info there relevant to my situation. The exploded parts diagram DOES NOT provide the info needed to separate the shell from the drive mechanism. Also, there is NO service manual available for this model. I finally called Bachman's tech dept. and got the help I needed from them. Which makes me wonder why I should waste my time on this forum dealing with ARROGANT people like you!

pvalnz

To donelson, I want to thank you for your response to richg's unfriendly behavior. As I posted in my reply to him, the parts diagram did not provide the info I needed, but I DO appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thanks

GG1onFordsDTandI

Welcome pvlanz, I hope this experience doesn't discourage you from using the forum. There is a lot to be learned here. And despite having to suffer the occasional "sharp tongue", you will find some friendly people here too.
I for one am hoping to see some posts from your train world.