Aristocraft

Started by tlnibert, October 01, 2013, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mudhen

I really hope someone reputable does buy the Aristocraft rights to there stock as well as track and electronics with no big upsets as LGB had/has .

phillyreading

Just to let you know; RMT is staying open!
Walter Matuch stated on OGR that RMT is not closing, just Polk's Trains.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

Great News about RMT as I really like their "stuff"!!!!!

phillyreading

I keep getting emails from RMT trains with discount offers.
I ordered from RMT by computor and now I get their emails all the time.
They are planning a new 2014 catalog.

Lee F.

Chastity

Interesting thing Scott Polk said:

"As for if you will ever see this stuff again. Trust me, these mold won't lay dormant. You will see it again. You'll get your Ore Cars and your Heritage units. Don't ask me when or by who. When you need to know you'll find out."

Out of ashes? 

Kader was making the stuff for Aristocraft and Kader owns Bachmann can't help but wonder if this is a connection.

Loco Bill Canelos

Chastity,
I saw that post from Scott as well, and I know that Aristo and Bachmann had a good relationship over the years, and worked together in Europe on marketing.  As much as I am sad to see Aristo go, I do hope that in the future Bachmann will pick up the product, if for no other reason than to keep competition alive for US prototype items.  

In terms of fit, it seems perfect for Bachmann in that it would widen the large scale product line beyond the existing "narrow gauge" steam product line, without a considerable investment in new tooling and the Kader connection would certainly facilitate it.  

I am hoping!!!

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Chris9017

I sure hope Bachmann picks up the Patons to the old Delton C-16 locomotive.  It's a precious locomotive that was first made in 1988, and the latest models came out in 2009, and if Bachmann hangs onto the patons, they can improve the locomotive with more backhead detail, and more traction in the Heavy Duty Driveline, but not to touch the exterior, and leave the scale in 1:24.  If it's not saved, the Delton C-16, will be a locomotive that I will be sad to see go.

Joe Zullo

Quote from: Chris9017 on October 20, 2013, 04:55:34 AM
I sure hope Bachmann picks up the Patons to the old Delton C-16 locomotive.  It's a precious locomotive that was first made in 1988, and the latest models came out in 2009, and if Bachmann hangs onto the patons, they can improve the locomotive with more backhead detail, and more traction in the Heavy Duty Driveline, but not to touch the exterior, and leave the scale in 1:24.  If it's not saved, the Delton C-16, will be a locomotive that I will be sad to see go.

I'm thinking Patons=patents?

David Fletcher

Nah,
He means Patterns, as in the tooling of the C-16.

David.

Joe Zullo

Thanks David, but it is hard to know exactly what he means.

norman

Hi Chris:

Best buy one now from Aristo Craft if you can.

1:24 and 1:22.5 scales are now rejected by the industry.
These are my favourite scales, but I think I am almost alone. No longer enough customers to buy 1:24 and 1:22.5 product.

1:20.3 has replaced 1:24 and 1:22.5 scales.

So Chris, buy yourself an Aristo 1:24 scale C-16 now if you want one.

Bachmann is not going to produce a 1:24 scale C-16 in competition with their latest 1:20.3 scale C-19 locomotive.

Norman