News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K-28

Started by Chris9017, October 02, 2013, 12:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris9017

With the K-27 already made, who would like to see the even more awesome K-28 locomotive on the Spectrum line?

I am starting to save my pennies for this one because I really want Bachmann to make a K-28 locomotive, and the one I would go for would be engine 478, given how awesome of a 5-chime whistle she wears, how often she is run on the D&SNG as the 2nd crew favorite after engine 473, I just can't say enough good things about the Alco K-28.   Both LGB from Aster and Accucraft made K-28s, but they are out of production and very hard to get ahold of, not to mention that they are over $5K where as Bachmann's would list for a better range of $1.5K if one was ever made.

Who wouldn't want to see the amazing K-28, only 3 survive today, 2 still run on the D&SNG with one on display in the roundhouse, but long ago Alco made 9 of those beasts, and they were a favorite amoung crews for being the smoothest riding, easiest steaming and firing compared to the smaller K-27, and larger rough riding K-36s and K-37s.   The K-28 was overall the best machine used on the Narrow gauge, and I'm sure the models would be amazing.

Who wants to see Bachmann Spectrum produce some K-28 locomotives?

Chastity

I will second that but I doubt it is on Bachmann's radar screen.

Kevin Strong

Blackstone's doing one. They did their K-27 about the same time Bachmann did theirs, and we know there's a at least a historical working relationship between the two. Not avowing working knowledge of anything, but it would be cool.

Of course, I'd prefer EBT #11...

Later,

K

bob kaplan

hehehe....i agree Kevin!!

rslater

I totally agree...put me down for one with green boiler ;D ;D

uscgtanker

agree fully but also a k-36 would be nice after the k-28.

glennk28

I agree--both of those are on my list--and might as well add the K-37--I have 4 in On3--

mudhen

Heard this all before, and I am not holding my breath.
But I will just be on 7th heaven if they do a K- 28, 36 or 37 and in any order.
Please and Thank you Mr Bachmann.