News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Rail Truck

Started by jrcx2, March 18, 2008, 12:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrcx2

The drive shaft and the rear universal on this vehicle dropped out while opeerating. Fortunately the missing pieces were found andput back in place.

However, the universal have small indentations that snap over small bumps on mating part. Obvioiusly it is not verysecrue. Is thee a fix for this problem? It doesnn't seem that it will be very reliable in the long run.

the Bach-man

Dear j,
Contact the service department. They will supply any parts you may need.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

I am pretty sure all the latest runs of the railtruck have been OK.   There was a problem with one or more screws being too long in the gearbox on the initial run.  If running on track power it is important to keep the wheels clean(and the track).  After some run time make sure that the other electrical contacts are clean as well.  If you convert to battery operation none of this will ever be a problem.  My Missouri Western rail truck runs great and I have added radio control and battery power in mine and enclosed the cargo section.  I also added a trailer hauling hogs just for fun! :P ::)  All in all it was a fun project!

Trainworld has them on sale right now for about $75, :o I paid a lot more for mine.  I am tempted to get another one.  I have never seen a lower price anywhere!! 8)
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

doug c

Thanks for the info about 'recent' run being a lot better than earliest (?)

Yes I did not mention that source and value  'cause last time i did,  a thread got either locked down or disappeared.

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

doug c

Found the box from TW on the stoop when back from shopping.
Obviously Postie knows we're in town,  and no add. taxes owing so she left it.

Haven't opened yet but for such a large box it sure is a lite unit (had noticed wt. previously on spec. pg.)  !

Will let ya know in future how the unit runs, etc.

Ordered some of the inexpensive parts (@20%off) including  extra 4 snowplow screws {823XX-10548} which are said within George's tech pgs. and elsewhere,  to be the ones to tighten up the engine mount !?

nite,
doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99